Join TexasGunTalk

Frezze your AZZ off?? A .gov posting

Discussion in 'Job Search' started by PhulesAu, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Telework eligible
    No

Well that's a bummer.

Wait, I've seen this movie:

movie-poster-the-thing.jpg

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  2. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I noticed the same, Ben. The successful candidate could likely be the oldest person ever to go through FLETC--all due to the fact that the job demands the person be a special deputy US marshal as a key tool in the "tool kit". Very unique.

3. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    The one that struck me was that there was NO drug test required:laughing:

...course Im not familiar with FLETC...Im sure theres requirements....just sayin.

4. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's possible especially because the rest of the job duties require the sort of job experience it takes a long career to obtain.

The successful candidate must
    1. Do normal executive level stuff like manage a large organization, write reviews, etc.,
    2. Wrangle contractors,
    3. Enforce a huge body of sensitive, arcane, screw-up-and-we-get-an-international-incident regulations,
    4. Be sufficiently expert as to head up search and rescue operations (!), and
    5. On top of all that, pass FLETC and become a Federal Marshal.
    Most people would be at least 50 before they were sufficiently educated and experienced as to meet the stated requirements and be trustworthy to carry out the first 4 of those tasks in an environment where there is no such thing as backup that can be called in without days or weeks of notice. But throwing on top of all that the "once we figure you can do all that, we'll send you off to become a Federal LEO, too" is more than I can fathom.

Maybe I'm just lazy and can't imagine someone with a skillset that large who's actually good at all those things. Whoever they get to do the job will either be inadequate to the task or an extraordinary human being.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    diesel1959 likes this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The Govt. should be able to fill the position easily...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yep. The skillset required is truly unique. And it's clear they view the federal LEO cred to be merely another tool in the toolkit. Given that most federal LEO positions can't be entered into past the age of 37, this is a real unicorn. And we all know that unicorns don't really exist . . .

7. Kingarthur777

Kingarthur777 Active Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Well, if they had to become a Federal Marshal, they would have leave at 57. But, there is a difference in Marshal positions. There are the jailors, who used to take my prosecutions. Then there are the guys/gals that must pass a PT session every year, they work the field. I got to know all of them well in Albuquerque. My favorite is when they raided a home and brought me a garbage bag of evidence of ledgers of who was smuggling whom, and at the bottom of the bag was a cat turd. Needless to say, I didn't send that one to the evidence custodian.

8. Kingarthur777

Kingarthur777 Active Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Nah, you just need to be a scientist who hates all people and pass a 6 month Academy at FLETC.

9. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Holy necropost, Batman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk