• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm one of those guys who works an odd schedule and the typical Saturday range days don't work out for me. But I'd like to meet some fellow board members from the area. And since nobody else it setting one up, guess I'm gonna do it myself.

So....

Friday Gun-guys and Gun-gals lunches in the Austin area.

What: Eating, chatting, laughing, griping, smiling (but no shooting - hopefully)
    When: 11:30am every Friday starting January 4th
    Where: TBD (must be non-51% and non 30.06)
    Who: Anybody within driving distance who loves guns and wants to enjoy lunch with like-minded folks
    Why: Why not?

I know that TBD is not much of a proposal, so I'll start it out with this...
    Rudy's BBQ, 11570 Research Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759
    I am in no way committed to this spot. It favors north Austin area. I would rather have this at a very gun-friendly business (especially if owned by somebody on the board - so pipe up if that's you).
    If you have other ideas pipe up. But if we don't come to a consensus on anything else, this will be it. My only goal is to get as many people out as we can.
    We've got a week.

Several years back, motorcycles were my passion and a Texas-based forum I was on did this and had great turn outs. So it can be done.

If you want to meet and greet fellow gun owners from your area, then commit. These things work when people do it. If only 2 or 3 people are doing it, this will fade.

Chime in Austin! (I'm assuming we'll get 5-10 people. If we get 8 or more, I'll want to give them a call ahead of time, so let me know if you're in and if you have preferences for another location or area).
    Count me in for the Jan 4th (regardless of chosen location)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Don't be shy Austin area peoples. Come on out!

Called Rudy's today. They don't set aside areas and they said that they start getting real busy near noon.
    So, I'm planning to get there at 11ish to make sure we get a table. If anybody else wants to show up a little sooner that the 11:30 scheduled time, feel free.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'll be there, but might be a few min late. I've got a meeting that ends at 11, which probably means it'll actually end at 11:25 :p
    How will I recognize the group?

I'm not really a Rudy's fan, but I am a fan of locations that favor north Austin. Anything in north Austin will be close enough for me to participate, plus I refuse to go south of the river. Too many damn hipsters, lol...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm pretty sure I can do this. I'll know more tonight whether the gf and I will show.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I don't plan ahead for what I'll be wearing. But I'll have an old blue hat on. I think this group will be hard to miss honestly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom