• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Damn. Just now crawling out of bed. Not gonna make this one.

You gents pick a place for next week at lunch and post it.
    Capitol Armory ad

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    If no one has a suggestion for a NEW place, I might offer up some old standbys for consideration:
    Luby's @ Steck/MoPac, Catfish Parlour, Rudy's...all in NW Austin area, convenient to 183 travels. I'm more than happy to yield the floor to any other nominations :)

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    If no one has a suggestion for a NEW place, I might offer up some old standbys for consideration:
    Luby's @ Steck/MoPac, Catfish Parlour, Rudy's...all in NW Austin area, convenient to 183 travels. I'm more than happy to yield the floor to any other nominations :)

I vote for Luby's or Catfish. Had Rudy's twice already this week, actually in the last 24 hours.

We speculated at one of our lunches about the Range at Austin price's. We'll, until Jan 1 you can get a membership for only $6,000, a hefty discount of $1500 off the regular price. But to support such a lovely facility, you'll also be paying $250 a month. If anyone of our lunch buddies joins this range, I think we'll be expecting them to pay for our lunches from now on. I don't think ARC, Red's, or Shady Oaks have anything to worry about.

On the bright side, if they manage to stay in business long term, it means there's some serious money behind shooting in this town.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I vote for Luby's or Catfish. Had Rudy's twice already this week, actually in the last 24 hours.

We speculated at one of our lunches about the Range at Austin price's. We'll, until Jan 1 you can get a membership for only $6,000, a hefty discount of $1500 off the regular price. But to support such a lovely facility, you'll also be paying $250 a month. If anyone of our lunch buddies joins this range, I think we'll be expecting them to pay for our lunches from now on. I don't think ARC, Red's, or Shady Oaks have anything to worry about.

On the bright side, if they manage to stay in business long term, it means there's some serious money behind shooting in this town.

There's a thread on this... :)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    We'll go with Catfish Parlour this week. Sounds good. Hopefully, I'll get my lazy butt out of bed and make it!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay, this week we decided that for next week (12/18) we'd go to Ho Ho Chinese BBQ at........

Village Inn, 13000 N Ih 35, Austin, TX 78753

Now, the following week is Christmas. Not sure how many people will be wanting to leave their families for gun lunch, but Valerie (my much better half) has offered to host gun lunch at our place in Manor.

If you will be venturing out for lunch next Friday, what do you think? No offense taken if you'd rather do the usual. So...our place or recommendations (obviously something that is open on Christmas).

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Chance going to the ARC for some shooting with my German visitors: 100%
    Chance on showing up at lunch with +3: 90%
    Chance of being a little late: 100%

That would be awesome (ARC afterwards!) - I'm jealous I won't be there (at ARC). Gotta get back to work.

We'll make sure we've room for +3!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay - this coming Friday, gun lunch will be on Christmas day.

My better half has offered our house to do the lunch at - we are in Manor.
    So...if you will be in town for Christmas and don't have any place to eat, let me know.
    Please RSVP if you will be there, or probably be there, or might be there.
    She will need an idea of what to cook.
    PM me for the address.

On the Jan 1st, we will be combining the lunch group with the open carry lunch since there would be a lot of people missing from our normal gun lunch.

The following Friday, January 8th, we will be back at the Rudy's on Research Blvd for our 3rd anniversary of the gun lunch - that's right - it'll be our 3rd year of having a gun lunch every Friday in Austin!!!!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Hey Mic...Looks like we will be staying closer in town but will be looking for a lunch place. Another day in the upper 70s...a picnic might be in order!!!

Happy Holidays to y'all !!!!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Here's the plan for the next 2 weeks:

- Fri, Jan 1st: merging this lunch with the open carry lunch since I think most people will be there. Keep an eye on this thread to know the location..... http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/austin/67309-jan-1-open-carry-lunch.html
    - Fri, Jan 8th: We will celebrate 3 years of lunches where it all started: Rudy's on Research Blvd.

I am going to make a new thread for 2016 and ask that this one be closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom