• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Beers and dinner at the Tap-In bar and grill on Main St. Some live music. Then off to Sonic for some desserts to take to the lake and watch the great fireworks display. Nice cool breeze, Friday night in Texas.

ARJ Defense ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Yeah, I kinda miss that, a night out without the kids for me and the wife consists of dinner and grocery shopping.....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Wow, the Tap In. I do like that place for the beers and pretty good sandwiches. But good grief it's smoky. We've got to hang our cloths outside over night to get the sink out. Hope the neighbors don't mind us walking around nekked.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Poor Shorts. She's on date night, and we hijacked her thread and turned it into kids...lol.

How'd the date go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL Yall are crazy. No kids for us now And I'm only an insomniac when DH goes on deployment

Navyguy, it did get smoky in there. It was nice about 8pm having our food and drinks, but as one person would smoke a cigar that they got next door, then another would run out and get stuff, then another. The ventilation system did ok when it was just a couple people, but right about 9pm when the band started playing it was like they shut the systems off so it would intentionally get smoked up.

We stayed for a few songs then headed out.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Shorts... When were you in JP? I really enjoyed my time there. '83-'85 Stationed in Atsugi / Yokosuka. Spent a lot of time in the economy goofing off. My daughter wants me to take her there on vacation. (she's 15 now) I'm sure I'd be lost as hell trying to remember how to get around....MG

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Shorts... When were you in JP? I really enjoyed my time there. '83-'85 Stationed in Atsugi / Yokosuka. Spent a lot of time in the economy goofing off. My daughter wants me to take her there on vacation. (she's 15 now) I'm sure I'd be lost as hell trying to remember how to get around....MG

We just got back ('06-09), DH was stationed in Misawa up north but he actually spent a fair amount of time at Yokosuka and Atsugi. (P3 Navy) What did you do there?

I'm itching to go back for a vacation as well. I'm sure things have developed quite a bit since you last were there. I know in the area we were at, it has grown tremendously. But it'll come back to you. Most major areas having some Ego in the signs and if you picked up enough Nihongo you can be polite, yall will get around no problem. Grab an ENglish/Japanese pocket dictionary (we used Lonely Planet) and we always got to where we were going

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Shorts, Marine Guard, both Yokosuka and Atsugi. I assume you had a chance to experiance "bonadori" in the fall. I'll never forget the drums. Our quarters were right by the front gate, and when on duty during bonadori, they would beat those drums right outside the windows. Might as well forget sleeping.... When I was there the Midway was still in service.... Long time ago!! MG

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Shorts, Marine Guard, both Yokosuka and Atsugi. I assume you had a chance to experiance "bonadori" in the fall. I'll never forget the drums. Our quarters were right by the front gate, and when on duty during bonadori, they would beat those drums right outside the windows. Might as well forget sleeping.... When I was there the Midway was still in service.... Long time ago!! MG

Ah I see. Thank you :patriot:

I shamelessly love Marines, my Squid is understanding of that :p

We got to experience quite a few of the Japanese traditions, they were usually a good time.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Shorts, Ya'll only love us 'cause there's not many of us around:p....My father was in the Navy '54-'57 My best friend is Navy retired now...GMG 1 Besides we are a department of the Navy anyway.....The department that goes out and kills things and blows up shit. Ya know..the fun part. MG

Top Bottom