• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    So, if the weapon was left in the car due to the fact he was entering a business with a legit 30.06 posting, could he sue the business, lol?

You can sue who ever you want, but prepared for the business to fight back and go after legal fees. The business had the right to not allow guns on their property.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    Blaming the victim is still bull shit. Would it have been any different if it had been his house, and they stole it out of a closet? At the end of the day we all determine what we believe is prudent protection for our valuables, but the blame for the crime must fall on the criminal. I don't leave anything exposed, but there is always at least one gun in the car and not in a locked case. I rely on them not knowing that there is a gun in there, not knowing where to look, and the fact that it's a crime to break into someone car and steal their stuff. At the end of the day it's a f'n tool and not some revered object. If I get one stolen, I will pursue all legal action to get it returned and file an insurance claim. However no where in that will I think it's my fault. Even if you leave it on the dashboard, no honest person will bother it. It takes a law breaker, and that is where the blame should lie.

Do you also think that if a woman is wearing revealing clothing it's her fault if she gets raped???

Agreed, blaming the victim is BS. I've had three car break-ins in my life. Each time I was told by my parents, my friends, my bosses, and my co-workers that it was my fault. My fault for driving around with the bass turned up. My fault for leaving my CD player face on. My fault for parking outside instead of the garage. My fault for leaving my GPS out. I had a boss ask me, after the second break in, "what I was doing to entice theft". Complete BS. I'm not the asshole, the thief is the asshole. Yes, you have to take reasonable precautions, but I think it is unreasonable to blame the victim.

mikebass78

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Mckinney
    I understand both parties....But I had a stop the UN Gun ban sticker on my jeep, took it off for that very reason...

And...when I go to range, I only take my guns, I make sure no one is around...I think you do make yourself a target By "advertising"
    I bought a gun safe, but keep it at my brothers...I didnt want to be seen carrying a gun safe in...just to be safe...

Now with all that said...the above measures were taken because I live in an apartment...but that will all change in the next two weeks, when I move into a house...I can load my stuff on my garage, and no one will be none the wiser...

Top Bottom