• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What do you do at this kinda of event?

Do you know the secret password and handshake?

Don't know, never been to one, will answer that on 3/9. I believe it's dinner plus lots of "giveways" to be had, seen merchandise on website, plus lots of other raffeled items to raise funds too. One of the reasons I'm going is to meet other area shooters because I can't find any local tactical/movement shooting.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    well if you find any Tac shooters let me know. I want to get into it also. I should be off that day maybe Ill go. wont get my hopes up too high the way things have been though lol

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Friends of NRA events are an opportunity to "pay it forward". The idea is to get together with other shooting enthusiasts and raise funds for shooting safety/education programs, etc. Here's a copy of our program for our event this Saturday in McQueeney - should give ya a better idea of what to expect.....

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/texasredneck02/2012GunslingersProgram2_Page_1.jpg

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/texasredneck02/2012GunslingersProgram2_Page_2.jpg

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/texasredneck02/2012GunslingersProgram2_Page_3.jpg

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/texasredneck02/2012GunslingersProgram2_Page_4.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Gunslingers Program (2)_Page_5.jpg
      2012 Gunslingers Program (2)_Page_5.jpg
      60.7 KB · Views: 150

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Again - as a reminder, there's FNRA events all over the state - interesting thing is that this years' Austin chair is a woman. Kinda messes w/the stereotypes.......lol!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If you are headed to this event STOP!!! IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!

NO BS. An unexplained disagreement between FNRA and promoter or organizer or otherwise operator. I'm not exactly sure because they wouldn't divulge the info.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Where TRN? Isn't he the coordinator? Details please? I had thought about driving down for this, but I had to work today and have a golf tournament tomorrow, so decided not to......I guess that was a good thing. Still thinking about the one in this area, though.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The Huntsville Item, Huntsville, TX

March 8, 2012 NRA banquet canceled last minute

By Tori Brock
    Item Correspondent
    HUNTSVILLE — Ticket holders to the annual National Rifle Association banquet were turned away at the door Thursday night.

According to Tommy Middleton with the Sam Houston Friends of NRA, the event was canceled about 30 minutes before it was set to begin.

Many ticket holders were disappointed, including one NRA member who wished to remain unnamed.

“We paid money to come over here and then they cancel it,” he said. “They just said it had been canceled. They’re supposed to reimburse our money.”

While most people were turned away at the door, some were let in to eat dinner. Ticket refunds will be given.

Middleton referred the Huntsville Item to Walker County Constable Reed Prehoda for comments, but Prehoda did not return calls by press time.

http://itemonline.com/local/x1511609429/NRA-banquet-canceled-last-minute

Opinion: It's a shame a reporter, even small town, can't spell or run spell check.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Here's what I've been able to find out:

The event was NOT canceled by the NRA, but by the committee.

Bottom line - the FNRA is refunding EVERY ticket. Period. Those that want to go to a nearby event will be given comp (free) tickets to that event in addition to their refund - the FNRA is going to do everything in their power to work with those who had wanted to attend. Just contact one of the reps and they'll get you taken care of.

Liz Foley - lfoley@nrahq.org

Chris Griffin - cgriffin@nrahq.org

Top Bottom