• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Because that's not the purpose of FNRA. They raise funds for the shooting sports - everything from ammo to guns, duty rifles to body armor (for LEO's). I've been part of Grant Committees that handed out over $400k for South Texas alone.

Body armor and duty rifles for LEO’s is a serious waste of donor funds. That’s an example of why I tell friends and family not to waste their time and money going to useless, self-serving events that do nothing for the people handing over their hard earned dollars.

There’s enough easy fed grant money available to provide for both for every agency in the country. Ask me how I know.
    Guns International

Last edited:

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I thought only the Left had a terrible understanding of how legislation gets passed, but apparently not.

Defensive banket statements like that with no context are another reason I tell everyone who will listen to not waste their money. Particularly when someone can’t form a coherent, rational response in defense of their position. It’s an example of the fallacy of irrelevance. Instead of addressing a point with specifity you respond by spouting obfuscating irrelevant bullshit.

I get enough of that from politicians and media hacks.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Body armor and duty rifles for LEO’s is a serious waste of donor funds. That’s an example of why I tell friends and family not to waste their time and money going to useless, self-serving events that do nothing for the people handing over their hard earned dollars.

There’s enough easy fed grant money available to provide for both for every agency in the country. Ask me how I know.

I love it when someone with no understanding of how the process works wants to lecture. You haven't been in the grant committee meetings when the same issues were raised - and answered - because you can't be bothered to actually become involved. I have family members and many friends who are LEO's, and I ask a lot of questions about this type of thing - and the response isn't as black and white as you imply "you know".
    I'm just going to walk away from this, because you are going to keep ragging like a liberal - and I've got better things to do with my time - like hit my thumb with a hammer. Be happy in your negative self.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I love it when someone with no understanding of how the process works wants to lecture. You haven't been in the grant committee meetings when the same issues were raised - and answered - because you can't be bothered to actually become involved. I have family members and many friends who are LEO's, and I ask a lot of questions about this type of thing - and the response isn't as black and white as you imply "you know".
    I'm just going to walk away from this, because you are going to keep ragging like a liberal - and I've got better things to do with my time - like hit my thumb with a hammer. Be happy in your negative self.
    :roflfunny:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

I couldn't have said it better.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I must admit, when I worked for the FNRA, the people were very nice, things were well organized, we got a lot accomplished in finding sponsorships and I felt that my efforts were doing some good. The formal dinners were exciting and positive so there wasn't anything to complain about.

Try it! It was a lot of fun!

My departure was a personal issue with the District Representative. When I retired, I adopted the policy of blowing off rude, obnoxious or pushy people. I don't even TRY to get along with them! It's a shame to have it end that way. All things considered, I had a good time!

Flash

Top Bottom