• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Guys we are doing a mid-year event. August 14th.

All raffles/finger foods.

It's at the Police officers association.

25 bucks gets you in the door. And gets you a shot at a .380.

Bring more money for more raffles... Btw the POA is selling beer and setups if you want to bring your own bottle.

33bf1cd92006f8d658935e1d45da4779.jpg

If you want to go shoot me a PM. And I'll meet you somewhere with tickets. (There is a way to pay with a card).

Now if you're a high roller and want to donate let me know.
    Guns International

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Hopefully I will be able to make it. Two questions, how many seats to a table and are we expecting a 51% or 30.06 posting?

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Call poa and see who's handling the bar tending aspect. That should answer the 51% question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Ok so to answer the questions.

Their is a TBAC license linked to the address listed on their website. That license is listed as red.

e1a1996bf1a4fe7a927a139145e8d388.jpg

Making a yes or no on a 30.06 sign moot.

That being said, the last time I had to tell a lady who was very plastered something along the lines of no I don't want to see your amazing concealed carry gun.

Without me looking personally I believe there are no postings. Typically I check http://www.texas3006.com/view.php. Have yet to run across a sign in corpus not listed here.(Still moot)

As far as I can tell it's a fraternal order. BUT membership is limited to the "bargaining unit".
    "Section 3. Object of Association
    This association shall be a non-sectarian and voluntary association, and composed of police officers of the City of Corpus Christi in good standing and any classification of memberships approved by the CCPOA Board of Directors shall be operated exclusively for the following purposes: ****to perpetuate the memory and spirit of police officers who have given their lives in the pursuit of duty****; to promote social fellowship and economic well-being, and towards this end, to furnish a place where meetings may be held; to instill in the members a spirit of cooperation and a high regard for our calling; to asset a wholesome influence on the education of citizens of the City of Corpus Christi, especially for the purpose of inculcating respect for law and order; to cooperate with the courts and the judges thereof, and with the branches of our government, both State and National; to promote among the members a closer personal acquaintance; to gather, receive and disseminate such information, as may be helpful to our members in the pursuit of our duties; and to attain cooperation and unified action with the Administrative Heads of the Department."

http://www.corpuschristipoa.net/Constitution_By-Laws_2010-revised.pdf

Friends of NRA essentially sets out to do what the NRA was originally founded to do, such as support shooting sports, teach gun safety, hunting safety and some conservation efforts.

I will say this, we hunted and searched for a halfway decent place to hold an event that WASN'T going to require us to charge a hundred bucks to get in. And we didn't have much luck.

So an organization who's first stated purpose is "to perpetuate the memory and spirit of police officers who have given their lives in the pursuit of duty" and whose hall was big enough and checked off a few other items is what they went with.

.Knowing all that if you're still interested. Let me know.

I hope I thoroughly answered your questions.

Also we only have 250 tickets. We anticipate this selling out. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. And I'd be more than happy to meet up and sell you tickets.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Oh and my caveat is this is all my personal opinion that reflect my process to negotiate the onerous state laws restricting my constitution right to bear arms.

I'm just a guy with no legal expertise whatsoever who spends too much time on the Internet and not enough time shooting. Cuz ammo is so dang expensive.

Top Bottom