• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Have any of you heard of this place? Just saw a report about it on the local news. $7,500 initiation fee, $200 monthly, it doesn't open until Friday but they claim to have almost 2,000 members already. Fine dinning, VIP room, high end firearms, on site gunsmith, and luxurious firing lanes. Sounds pretty cool and looked really nice, I'm gonna stick to my garage made paper targets on wooden stakes out in the field though... Whatcha think???
    Capitol Armory ad

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Thats just insane. Rather keep going where I go. 300 a year for the family, no fees after that.....private, and no stuck up little prick range officers. Freedom to move and shoot, rapid fire, set up scenarios........whatever you want. I would spend the 7500 on new firearms or ammo, lol.

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Got invited to an event there in two weeks. Will report back. Would never spend that kind of cash to be a member though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    That is the high end membership. They have ones for little people like me too.

I went to the soft open today. It was a nice place and prices werent insane. Forgot to ask ammo prices.

Google up their website and the owner has posted on here before. There are a couple threads on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    That is the high end membership. They have ones for little people like me too.

I went to the soft open today. It was a nice place and prices werent insane. Forgot to ask ammo prices.

Google up their website and the owner has posted on here before. There are a couple threads on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

Oh ok, that's cool.... I was thinking it was a high roller joint only. I don't really ever go that far east unless absolutely necessary which is rare so I doubt I'll ever set foot in that place. I think the concept of more than just the regular ole gun range is a neat idea and I'm sure it will introduce some new folks to the firearm community which is always a plus.

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Oh ok, that's cool.... I was thinking it was a high roller joint only. I don't really ever go that far east unless absolutely necessary which is rare so I doubt I'll ever set foot in that place. I think the concept of more than just the regular ole gun range is a neat idea and I'm sure it will introduce some new folks to the firearm community which is always a plus.

The walk in rate is $20 per hour. You can drop that down to $10 an hour for around $200 a year. For $300 a year you get unlimited use. Then for the big bucks you get unlimited use plus a private dining area and private lanes.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    I have a platinum membership. ($350 for a year) I have been 4 X in the past 10 days. I like it a lot better than Elm Fork.

The best thing about the Platinum Membership, IMHO, is that you can call ahead and reserve a lane and not have to stand in line when you arrive. On Christmas Eve, there was a line of 50+ waiting for a lane.

I have bought ammo there, and was told that they are selling ammo to match Wal Mart prices. (the platinum members also get 10% off purchases)

While shooting, the front sight of my Citadel 1911 .45 fell off, and being a complete newbie to guns, I have no clue how to fix it, so I asked their gunsmith, he said they already have a 1 month wait for repairs etc.

They also rent guns out for shooting and had a huge display case with rental guns (probably 50 -60 handguns or more)

Targets are .50 cents (or at least the ones I bought were. . . ) and they give members 1 free target. In fact, when I checked out, they completely comped the 10 targets I bought.

Nice place.

Not a lot of rangemasters looking over your shoulder while shooting. They pretty much leave you alone, except to come in every few minutes and sweep the brass.

My only complaint so far. - the AC is on high in those rooms and it's cold and blows the targets sometimes while you're aiming.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    I am also a platinum member. When you guys go to check it out, holla and i'll go with

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

Sonofagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Frisco, Texas 75034
    I am not a member nor wanting to be a member in FGC, renting a weapons and a range an hour is not bad now a days in FGC. Now offered a $15 for handguns/$20 for rifles rents and from monday through friday a $10 an hour. they have a lot of handguns to rent and closest to brand-new. Also, bullets are true cost saving less than what i thought. Snack bar (newly open) just right after main entrance are so neat & nice to chat with friends.

cosmo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    DFW
    I went, didn't like it. I got tired of standing in line while every "member" that walked through the door moved to the front of the line. I know they want everyone to be members, but I'm not joining anything I can't try out first. So I left and went to another range, and I wasn't the only person to do so either. And the place looks like it was decorated by Starbucks.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I went, didn't like it. I got tired of standing in line while every "member" that walked through the door moved to the front of the line. I know they want everyone to be members, but I'm not joining anything I can't try out first. So I left and went to another range, and I wasn't the only person to do so either. And the place looks like it was decorated by Starbucks.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

A Yahoo news article about FGC and other luxury ranges.

Surge in luxury shooting ranges caters to new gun culture

I live a few miles from FGC and drive by it regularly. Haven't been into their store. The big prices were offsetting from the start and some of th reports I've read ^^^ also keeps me out. Still prefer Eagle Gun Range which has le$$ fluff.

Top Bottom