• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Yes me!! Started 4 months ago. My plan went like this:

1. Pick SOMETHING you eat/drink often and reserve it only for weekends. I did cokes.
    2. Get membership to a gym. I got mine in a UT college (I'm retired 'staff' of the UT system and thus $20 a month.)
    3. Workout every other day. Some days not much of a workout others serious workouts. I to lots of martial arts.
    4. Month later pick SOMETHING ELSE you eat/drink and reserve that also for weekends. I did beer.
    5. Intermittent fasting. That is skip a meal now and then. I skip breakfast usually and eat ham sandwich/chips/water for lunch.
    6. Over months the weight went down. Maybe 1/2 lb a week, sometimes a full 1 lb a week.

Now I'm down to 190... and heading for 175lb. I'm 5ft 8 and 68 years old.

Maybe in time I'll be able to do this again... Yes that is me in my 30s!!!

Attachments

• jumpk.jpg
      jumpk.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 105

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    I'm 71 ride a fat tire bicycle 5 miles every day, maintaining 180 lbs. 10,000 miles keeps me in shape. I'd hate to think what I'd weigh if I didn't ride, I like my snack's.
    I can eat a Keebler's Fudge Stick box in one sitting watching a movie... and that is another thing I gave up for weekdays... NO SNACKS!

Today I go work out at gym!

Oh, and pain management folks..

My trick is Tylenol and Aleve. I take one 8 hr Tylenol for arthritis and one 12 hr Aleve before a hard workout (and coffee... yea I'm drinking that now.)

I try to not take any Tylenol or Aleve except to exercise (they can harm you if you overdo it.)

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball

1. Pick SOMETHING you eat/drink often and reserve it only for weekends. I did cokes.
    2. Get membership to a gym. I got mine in a UT college (I'm retired 'staff' of the UT system and thus $20 a month.)
    3. Workout every other day. Some days not much of a workout others serious workouts. I to lots of martial arts.
    4. Month later pick SOMETHING ELSE you eat/drink and reserve that also for weekends. I did beer.
    5. Intermittent fasting. That is skip a meal now and then. I skip breakfast usually and eat ham sandwich/chips/water for lunch.
    6. Over months the weight went down. Maybe 1/2 lb a week, sometimes a full 1 lb a week.

Good for you. I hope you continue to be successful in your weight control. I am 73 and I lost 24 lbs a year ago and have maintained my current 173 lbs by not eating after 4pm. That’s all. It works for me. My exercise primarily consists of getting out of my recliner every couple of hours for food, drink, a pee or a poop.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Ah... found a 'Bob' bag at an estate sale... they want $150!! I'll wait till maybe Friday and see if it is 1/2 off. If so... I can practice my good old eye jabs and throat chops while SD practice in the garage.. I have all steel non-shooting Glocks and S&W Js... I practice drawing in the garage with them... now just add so SD moves to begin with.

See I can't do that kind of stuff at the gym at the college... even fake guns are a no-no.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Well had my saliva gland (lower one) taken out due to calcium blockage..

Day surgery. Done almost a week ago.

Soup... just soup... potato soup, rice soup, noodle soup...

Only yesterday did I have my first scrambled egg with bits of sausage in it (cut up into tiny pieces.)

Even went and did some minor exercises at the gym.. AND gun range.

Now get this... I weigh 185!!! Lost five more pounds in just a week!!!

Goal is 175... when I looked like this. Yes I was in my 30s when this was taken.

1671468301283.png

datguy0997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Houston
    Inspiring! Awesome. I will say cutting coke and carbonated drinks altogether is a game changer. Sticking to simply water will make immediate changes to your energy and skin alike.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx

Taekwondo?

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Well it is May now... Went back up to 93 but I'm holding the line! Summer is coming and I'm back to working out more and getting out (fishing and hiking.) Gonna even put out game cameras soon for bow season!

Goal is still being around 175!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well it is May now... Went back up to 93 but I'm holding the line! Summer is coming and I'm back to working out more and getting out (fishing and hiking.) Gonna even put out game cameras soon for bow season!

Goal is still being around 175!

I resemble your remarks.

248, to 183, to 192 to 175, now 186.

Avoid sugars, get out of the house; run walk, or bike. . .

Good Luck ! .

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm reading a book now about genetics...nothing you do to extend your life matters, though for sure being thinner looks and no doubt feels better, but living longer thru weight loss...nope.

Sorry to sound like a downer, though weight loss is a big plus, especially if you're very over weight. Knees and other structures benefit, but extending your time on earth...nah...your genecties determines that, well, short of accident of course...

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My Mom just turned 94, guess I could have a few more years. The question is, do I want to? What will the world look like in another 20 years?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My friends aunt said she wished she hadn’t taken up taking vitamins at 60. She’s 92 now and is ready to die but her body won’t let go.

I disagree that dieting won’t affect longevity. My dad had a massive heart attack at 44. Triple bypass at 59. Died at 69. He smoked and had a typical “everything fried diet.”

I’m my dads body twin. Almost identical. I’ve never smoked, and was with a California health nut for 37 years. We ate healthy, had a salad with every meal not named “breakfast.” Rarely ate fried foods. Exercised.

Aside from hereditary BP issues, I’m in pretty good health.

I’m a little heavier, but I’m slightly wider than my dad. At 60 my checkups showed what I thought I knew. All the efforts to eat right and be active are paying off.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom