From a lost Californian: Question regarding Gunbroker

805inDallas

TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 13, 2021
Melissa
I am having a heck of a time selling my 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. I have it listed here, Armslist, and Texasguntrader and I am getting almost no interest. It might have to do with the fact that I am in Dallas (DFW to be exact) and the nearest long distance range is over 1.5 hour away. Not to poo poo on Texas (as I just moved here), but I am a refugee from Commiefornia and as bad as we had it there, there were some damn fine long distance ranges we could shoot at. I think its the mountain ranges we had there and that we weren't shooting all around housing developments like it is here. BTW, I am just giving you Texans a hard time. I do love it here and I damn well love my freedom.

But I digress, so I have a bunch of match grade grade ammo that I can't move and I am thinking of listing it on Gunbroker because its nationwide. The thing is it appears that all the ammo sellers are full commercial operations. I have never sold anything on Gunbroker. How much of a PITA is it to list, sell, and ship ammo through their platform? It looks pretty complicated but I thought I should just ask here first as I might be overthinking it.

805inDallas

TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 13, 2021
Melissa
I'll be honest... your prices are wayyyy high. Before the China flue I got those 200 rnd cases of 140bthp for $136. I've recently picked up 2 boxes of Hornady black 140bthp for $20 a box & a box of Winchester deer season Xp 125gr for $22.
That's a fair response and I appreciate the feedback. I thought I was pricing them a bit low in comparison to what they are going for with the same match-grade Hornady ammo on Gunbroker. But your feedback is taken seriously. Thanks.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
My outside voice is saying supply/demand. But because you asked, I went and took a look at your post in the classifieds. Based on the title, I was expecting to see a lot of SMK, but I did not though there was some match grade in there.

Then I saw the prices. Don’t care where you came from, there’s a sucker born every minute. If that’s close to your retail cost and you’re only making a nickel per box….not my problem.

Finally, I saw the bumps. Personally, that reeks of desperation.

And yeah, there’s plenty of manbun caliber shooters here. I’m one and so is the another poster in this thread.

candcallen

Surrounded by chronic terminal phuktardness!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
You're also a noob who joined and paid only to sell. Then priced it at full on retail with shipping plus so most folks will sit and see if you contribute otherwise unless it's stupid cheap.

Just saying.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you wiped your feet and closed the gate behind you as we get enough calli shit all over as it is.

Remember you are a REFUGEE not a MISSIONARY. ASSIMILATE dont try to change things here.

And contribute to the forum. It's a worthwhile endeavor.

805inDallas

TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 13, 2021
Melissa
You're also a noob who joined and paid only to sell. Then priced it at full on retail with shipping plus so most folks will sit and see if you contribute otherwise unless it's stupid cheap.

Just saying.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you wiped your feet and closed the gate behind you as we get enough calli shit all over as it is.

Remember you are a REFUGEE not a MISSIONARY. ASSIMILATE dont try to change things here.

And contribute to the forum. It's a worthwhile endeavor.
Take it easy, we're on the same side. You like guns, I like guns. Jumping to conclusions, isn't that what the lefty's do?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
I am having a heck of a time selling my 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. I have it listed here, Armslist, and Texasguntrader and I am getting almost no interest. It might have to do with the fact that I am in Dallas (DFW to be exact) and the nearest long distance range is over 1.5 hour away. Not to poo poo on Texas (as I just moved here), but I am a refugee from Commiefornia and as bad as we had it there, there were some damn fine long distance ranges we could shoot at. I think its the mountain ranges we had there and that we weren't shooting all around housing developments like it is here. BTW, I am just giving you Texans a hard time. I do love it here and I damn well love my freedom.

But I digress, so I have a bunch of match grade grade ammo that I can't move and I am thinking of listing it on Gunbroker because its nationwide. The thing is it appears that all the ammo sellers are full commercial operations. I have never sold anything on Gunbroker. How much of a PITA is it to list, sell, and ship ammo through their platform? It looks pretty complicated but I thought I should just ask here first as I might be overthinking it.

This isn't gun broker, most everyone here knows what a good price on ammo is. Damn near everyone here does not pay even retail. I'd venture to say the vast majority (including myself who considers myself undeprepared for the recent shortage) are sitting on tons of stash ammo and are not about to pay what was considered "a good deal" over the last 16 months.

If your ammo hasn't sold here it's not priced right. It's that simple. Correctly priced ammo will sell out in literally minutes here.

Top Bottom