• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 805inDallas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2021
    Melissa
    I am having a heck of a time selling my 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. I have it listed here, Armslist, and Texasguntrader and I am getting almost no interest. It might have to do with the fact that I am in Dallas (DFW to be exact) and the nearest long distance range is over 1.5 hour away. Not to poo poo on Texas (as I just moved here), but I am a refugee from Commiefornia and as bad as we had it there, there were some damn fine long distance ranges we could shoot at. I think its the mountain ranges we had there and that we weren't shooting all around housing developments like it is here. BTW, I am just giving you Texans a hard time. I do love it here and I damn well love my freedom.

But I digress, so I have a bunch of match grade grade ammo that I can't move and I am thinking of listing it on Gunbroker because its nationwide. The thing is it appears that all the ammo sellers are full commercial operations. I have never sold anything on Gunbroker. How much of a PITA is it to list, sell, and ship ammo through their platform? It looks pretty complicated but I thought I should just ask here first as I might be overthinking it.
    Target Sports

805inDallas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2021
    Melissa
    I'll be honest... your prices are wayyyy high. Before the China flue I got those 200 rnd cases of 140bthp for $136. I've recently picked up 2 boxes of Hornady black 140bthp for $20 a box & a box of Winchester deer season Xp 125gr for $22.
    That's a fair response and I appreciate the feedback. I thought I was pricing them a bit low in comparison to what they are going for with the same match-grade Hornady ammo on Gunbroker. But your feedback is taken seriously. Thanks.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    My outside voice is saying supply/demand. But because you asked, I went and took a look at your post in the classifieds. Based on the title, I was expecting to see a lot of SMK, but I did not though there was some match grade in there.

Then I saw the prices. Don’t care where you came from, there’s a sucker born every minute. If that’s close to your retail cost and you’re only making a nickel per box….not my problem.

Finally, I saw the bumps. Personally, that reeks of desperation.

And yeah, there’s plenty of manbun caliber shooters here. I’m one and so is the another poster in this thread.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You're also a noob who joined and paid only to sell. Then priced it at full on retail with shipping plus so most folks will sit and see if you contribute otherwise unless it's stupid cheap.

Just saying.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you wiped your feet and closed the gate behind you as we get enough calli shit all over as it is.

Remember you are a REFUGEE not a MISSIONARY. ASSIMILATE dont try to change things here.

And contribute to the forum. It's a worthwhile endeavor.

805inDallas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2021
    Melissa
    You're also a noob who joined and paid only to sell. Then priced it at full on retail with shipping plus so most folks will sit and see if you contribute otherwise unless it's stupid cheap.

Just saying.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you wiped your feet and closed the gate behind you as we get enough calli shit all over as it is.

Remember you are a REFUGEE not a MISSIONARY. ASSIMILATE dont try to change things here.

And contribute to the forum. It's a worthwhile endeavor.
    Take it easy, we're on the same side. You like guns, I like guns. Jumping to conclusions, isn't that what the lefty's do?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I am having a heck of a time selling my 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. I have it listed here, Armslist, and Texasguntrader and I am getting almost no interest. It might have to do with the fact that I am in Dallas (DFW to be exact) and the nearest long distance range is over 1.5 hour away. Not to poo poo on Texas (as I just moved here), but I am a refugee from Commiefornia and as bad as we had it there, there were some damn fine long distance ranges we could shoot at. I think its the mountain ranges we had there and that we weren't shooting all around housing developments like it is here. BTW, I am just giving you Texans a hard time. I do love it here and I damn well love my freedom.

But I digress, so I have a bunch of match grade grade ammo that I can't move and I am thinking of listing it on Gunbroker because its nationwide. The thing is it appears that all the ammo sellers are full commercial operations. I have never sold anything on Gunbroker. How much of a PITA is it to list, sell, and ship ammo through their platform? It looks pretty complicated but I thought I should just ask here first as I might be overthinking it.

This isn't gun broker, most everyone here knows what a good price on ammo is. Damn near everyone here does not pay even retail. I'd venture to say the vast majority (including myself who considers myself undeprepared for the recent shortage) are sitting on tons of stash ammo and are not about to pay what was considered "a good deal" over the last 16 months.

If your ammo hasn't sold here it's not priced right. It's that simple. Correctly priced ammo will sell out in literally minutes here.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Take it easy, we're on the same side. You like guns, I like guns. Jumping to conclusions, isn't that what the lefty's do?
    You know, you asked a question, did you not want an honest answer? You asked for a conclusion correct? I gave you the most probable exact reason for your stuff not selling.

If you contributed to the discussion you would have seen the same things said about noobs who join only to sell, especially since other outlets have shut down or started charging, in several discussions recently. Selling is not the primary reason for this site and considering what we buy sell and trade we like to get to know people or see someone who knows them vouch for them.

Throwing out, or insinuating, the you're a dem or lefty or libtard in response to a discussion, especially one you initiated, is a pretty quick way to further ones relagation to irrelevance. Its childish petty and if you contributed regularly, one you could easily see has no merit. Call me a crotchety asshole and you would get little to no argument.

Now, if you got primers....

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Thing about Gunbroker is that folks are free to ask whatever price they wish. What you want to do is see what it's actually SELLING for there, then price it below that and hope for a bidding war. If you post anything up for more than it's worth to a buyer, it's going to languish.

+1 what he said.

I'll add: Buying and selling on GB is not complicated and is a lot of fun. There are a number of different ways to "set-up" your GB listing - My best and most sincere advise: Set-up your auction with a starting bid of 1 penny and have no reserve. This way it will sell, and it will sell at the market rate. I constantly see auctions ending with 0 bids because the seller has a starting bid amount too high and/or has a reserve. Actually, more often than not I see penny start no reserve auctions final sell price higher than those with high start bids that get no bids.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    6.5 cm is a slow mover in Texas because men in Texas don’t squat to pee. 30-06, 308, 243 are still very popular.

The real truth is that those of us that shoot long range don't buy or shoot "Factory" ammo.
    I can't remember the last time I bought any factory ammo for any rifle that I own, it's been several decades.

805inDallas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2021
    Melissa
    Excuse us for being defensive, but with the on slot of people escaping the shit states for enacting exactly what they voted for... well I'm sure you can understand. Also yes your prices are way too high.

I get your point and I would be a lot less inviting than most Texans have been towards me if I was a native Texan and saw the influx of Californians coming here. For what its worth, I bleed conservatism and I am a staunch American.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I not going to beat you silly like everyone else because I really don't need to at this point. If your stupid high on your ammo just wait. Some democrat on psychopharmaceuticals will come along and shoot some innocent children or old folks & SloJoe will start read the party teleprompter with new vigor & shit will escalate again!

Or hang out at a Moamart with a sign of ammo for sale and perhaps a neckbeard entrepreneur in training might buy that shit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I get your point and I would be a lot less inviting than most Texans have been towards me if I was a native Texan and saw the influx of Californians coming here. For what its worth, I bleed conservatism and I am a staunch American.

@candcallen pointed out pretty much my same thoughts. I saw your ad in the Classifieds. Didn't say anything there, because the Mods and Admins frown on such, but yes, IMO it's priced too high, and it's not my place to tell you what to ask for your ammo.

You bought a membership to bypass the 25 posting rule for the Classifieds, and we do thank you for that. But, you need to understand, that TGT isn't like many other gun forums. Lots of the members here, actually meet up in person and socialize in person. I have met several members here in person, and gotten to know them, and there are many more I hope to meet in person. So TGT in many ways is like a family. And all this applies to when members put something for sale in the Classifieds. Now guess which member many are going to buy from. The older member that has met several face to face socially, and interact daily here, or the new guy with only 9 posts and bought a membership to sell some ammo?

Here's another question. Did you ever make an Intro thread when you joined? Introducing yourself and letting the members get to know your a little bit?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Excuse us for being defensive, but with the on slot of people escaping the shit states for enacting exactly what they voted for... well I'm sure you can understand. Also yes your prices are way too high.
    Yep, I moved here to TX from NY and I continue to vote the same exact way I did when I was in NY. If you Texans do not like it and want to be defensive, all I can say (in the words of Sister Walter Phillip of the Dominican Order) "tough noogies". I voted conservative in NY and will continue to do while in TX; so, no matter how much you complain about how I voted in NY it will not change how I vote now that I am in TX. :usflag:

Now to the original topic, GunBroker is alright. Selling & buying here at TGT is alright too, kind of a mom & pop opportunity or a neighborly experience while GunBroker opens up your opportunities on a much broader scale with many more potential buyers/sellers nationwide. Take your pick or do both.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom