• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curtis R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    Hey all! Having grown up in OK and having grandparents/relatives that were ranchers on thousands of acres, guns were just part of life. My wife, son and I live in Volente (on Lake Travis outside of Austin).

I found this forum after the Facebook group I belonged to was shut down.

Curtis
    Guns International

Curtis R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    Biggest rattlesnake was when my grandmother was working in the garden and was about to step on a diamondback when my brother screamed out to her. She looked down and whacked it with a hoe, never missing a step. My brother kept the rattler for many years.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Biggest rattlesnake was when my grandmother was working in the garden and was about to step on a diamondback when my brother screamed out to her. She looked down and whacked it with a hoe, never missing a step. My brother kept the rattler for many years.
    So not microscopic but smaller than OK?

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Do they really have a LOT of 'em around Volente or do they just like to show 'em off? The wimmen in my family were like your grandma-grubbin' hoe time. Us guys gotta have a shotgun or snakeshot-well, who ever heard of a grubbin' hoe forum, anyways...

Curtis R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    The rattlesnake was in OK (around Paden). Here in Volente, my neighbor killed a diamondback about 2 weeks ago right. Last year in the same place, he killed another. I saw two owls, one with a snake in its mouth about 3 weeks ago in the same place. I'm thinking there is a den of rattlers in the area. lol

Top Bottom