• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Welcome! I Left the left coast myself in 2012 (Washington by way of Oregon). It's a shame how badly the politics have gotten. I worked for the Navy and traveled a lot to Ca., I do miss riding along the Pacific Coast, but glad to be away from the liberal politics.
    Where in WA? We were in Bremerton from 2000-2012, and just sold out last property up there in September. It's going to hell in a handbasket too. :(
    Texas SOT

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Although I've lived in all four states at some point in my life, and I'm not as sure where Nevada is politically today, but both Oregon and Washington due to the western cities (majority of people) is already gone the way of California.
    Nevada is now Blue. One of my old buddies is there, says it's going into the sewer and as soon as his wife quits Micro$oft they are heading south. His father was from Tennessee, and he's also looking at TX.. if we can mange to keep it from going Blue. He's the sort of Red-Stater I think TX needs more of...

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Welcome and as long as you vote right and dont change Texas for the worst, you will find most people will have no problems with you

Where are you moving to????

Austin area.. Well really Round Rock because I refuse to live in Travis county. I've resigned from teaching (last year actually) and am probably going to work for Dell EMC as a Senior Technical Analyst.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    austin is "THE" most kommie-fornia of all our Texas cities.

Filled with dem/lib/commies druggies and much homeless low life.

houston, dallas, san antonio not far behind...

communism and it's kissin cousins has failed everywhere it's been perpetrated, but for reasons that defy logic it's wildly popular with the shiftless and lazy and guilt ridden elites (who really aren't, but pretend to be so they can ultimately control)......

Wait, I know why it's popular: free stuff, free stuff, free stuff (ah, not for you and me - we get to pay for it) but for the criminally lazy who long to be controlled.....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Where in WA? We were in Bremerton from 2000-2012, and just sold out last property up there in September. It's going to hell in a handbasket too. :(
    I worked at Bremerton, PSNS, but I had a home about 7 miles on the other side of Belfair, near Mason Lake.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nevada is now Blue. One of my old buddies is there, says it's going into the sewer and as soon as his wife quits Micro$oft they are heading south. His father was from Tennessee, and he's also looking at TX.. if we can mange to keep it from going Blue. He's the sort of Red-Stater I think TX needs more of...
    Most my teen years were spent in Vegas, Lived near Nellis AFB.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    We don't hate Californians. We just teach them how to cook.

thanks y'all

bbb6c550995e1a22e0e718e3477c09e4.jpg
    fc27c9feba37257be2d5d16a8d659c5a.jpg
    fc50f3b6ad901a6dba7834baaf4aeb51.jpg
    a98dbb42b2b1e747ebbdf579fbcd033f.jpg
    c767fc9243a214b5a66164f9c2efa9d4.jpg
    db2a055019575c9afdcab8f29f4dc6f4.jpg
    1fa4dfce4eb60e752f4d2c6ad3592e34.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Welcome on over here from up at Foat Wurth. Sounds like youve had some tribulations..Praise the Lord for bringing you out on the far side. Now I thought MD Anderson was in Houston for some reason. Did they open up a branch in this area? I usually only get skin cancer and those not the virulent type..so I aint an expspurt on oncology. Thankfully. Now my brother is fighting lung cancer..and winning so far. They got him on some immuno booster drug developed in Israel I think. Has kept him alive a for a long time now. Its called op Divo. Has been shown to be helpful for a bunch of cancers. Even read one article said it cured a guy in France of Cancer and Aids at the same time. Has a lot of nasty side effects but not as bad a chemo.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Welcome, and forgiven !!!
    I'm also from CA, an avid shooter (I know, unusual on this forum, right?) and amateur radio operator. Came here just over 13 years ago, and couldn't imagine my life back there. Second best thing I ever did (getting married to current wife is first).

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Hey All, I found this forum this morning while searching on TX gun laws.

I'm 50 years old, and recently went through some mid-life problems. In January I lost my mom due to cancer. At the time I was going through a divorce from a 21 year marriage. In June I was diagnosed with a similar cancer that my mom passed from, and so I chose to be treated at MD Anderson, and to facilitate that I bought a house in the Fort Worth area and dove immediately into treatment. I finished treatment in September and moved into my new house, and began the recuperation phase. That's been a very difficult road, and there was a lot of rough days and nights that I'm happy to say I got through with a much stronger faith and positive outlook that I gained in going through all of this.

Anyhow, I'm a long time shooter. I was an avid shooter in CA, and lived there all my life. Due to the politics, gun laws, traffic, high prices, and everything else, I was looking for just about any reason to get out of CA - and when I got my cancer diagnosis it was clear that TX was the place to go - it was on my short list already along with ID and NC, but MD Anderson being in Houston cinched the deal. I found a wonderful house in Haslet and bought it immediately, and have been very happy with it.

Other hobbies include Amateur radio and amateur radio contesting, fast cars, espresso and coffee and coffee roasting, metal detecting, fly fishing, and most geek things. I work in high tech.

Please don't hate me because I'm from CA - I promise I'm not like most of the CA types - I respect TX completely for what TX stands for, and am a very faithful person, law abiding, and very supportive of individual rights, religious freedom, and all the other things that are starkly NOT CA "benefits".

I really like the area I'm in, and am looking forward to learning more about local gun/sportsman clubs, training, and community service in ways I can give back a bit...

Thanks for making this community - I'm looking forward to reading, learning and getting to know folks here...

Jeff in Haslet

Welcome. Houston can use a lot more voters who believe in Freedom, not "free stuff"...(as can most of our larger cities...) unfortunately!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Its on my list to start finding some fly fishing opportunities around me - I've been out of the sport for a while but my dad and I had a fly shop for ~30 years when I was a kid, put me through college, and I learned everything you can imagine about fly fishing. Most of that was trout and cooler water fly fishing, but I'm willing to try anything - its all good - so will likely be moving this direction in the spring when the weather becomes more conducive to it...
    Welcome to Texas & the site.
    If you like fly fishing you need to get to the coast & sight cast for some redfish. I've been throwing the buggy whip for a several years...got a 5wt & 8/9wt. But have been using conventional tackle mostly here lately.
    One of my buddy's runs a guide service on the coast & specializes in sight casting for redfish. He has a polling skiff & kayaks if you interested, check out Rick Spillman www.rickskayakadventures.com

Top Bottom