• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Welcome on over here from up at Foat Wurth. Sounds like youve had some tribulations..Praise the Lord for bringing you out on the far side. Now I thought MD Anderson was in Houston for some reason. Did they open up a branch in this area? I usually only get skin cancer and those not the virulent type..so I aint an expspurt on oncology. Thankfully. Now my brother is fighting lung cancer..and winning so far. They got him on some immuno booster drug developed in Israel I think. Has kept him alive a for a long time now. Its called op Divo. Has been shown to be helpful for a bunch of cancers. Even read one article said it cured a guy in France of Cancer and Aids at the same time. Has a lot of nasty side effects but not as bad a chemo.
    Yes, MDA is in Houston, but I liked the Fort Worth area much better, so that's where I'm living now...Best of luck to your brother, I hope that drug continues to work for him!
    Guns International

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Welcome to Texas & the site.
    If you like fly fishing you need to get to the coast & sight cast for some redfish. I've been throwing the buggy whip for a several years...got a 5wt & 8/9wt. But have been using conventional tackle mostly here lately.
    One of my buddy's runs a guide service on the coast & specializes in sight casting for redfish. He has a polling skiff & kayaks if you interested, check out Rick Spillman www.rickskayakadventures.com
    Interesting, thanks, I'll check it out.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Nice, another ham and shooter!
    I've studied for the Technicians license, but haven't taken the time to find a local club to test at and finally get it done. I was an avid CB'er (don't snark) in the 70's, and used to work some skip comms off the wharf near us.. good times. I guess I need to get off my but and get the Technician out of the way and then test for General.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You would if the economy goes in the toilet.
    Life was easier for me when the economy in this area wasn't so great. Although I'm not hoping for the economy to get bad, if it were to slow down a bit I can live with it. But no matter how bad the economy were to get here, I would NEVER hope for this area to be more liberal no matter how much it would help the economy. I'll take freedom over wealth anyday.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hey All, I found this forum this morning while searching on TX gun laws.

I'm 50 years old, and recently went through some mid-life problems. In January I lost my mom due to cancer. At the time I was going through a divorce from a 21 year marriage. In June I was diagnosed with a similar cancer that my mom passed from, and so I chose to be treated at MD Anderson, and to facilitate that I bought a house in the Fort Worth area and dove immediately into treatment. I finished treatment in September and moved into my new house, and began the recuperation phase. That's been a very difficult road, and there was a lot of rough days and nights that I'm happy to say I got through with a much stronger faith and positive outlook that I gained in going through all of this.

Anyhow, I'm a long time shooter. I was an avid shooter in CA, and lived there all my life. Due to the politics, gun laws, traffic, high prices, and everything else, I was looking for just about any reason to get out of CA - and when I got my cancer diagnosis it was clear that TX was the place to go - it was on my short list already along with ID and NC, but MD Anderson being in Houston cinched the deal. I found a wonderful house in Haslet and bought it immediately, and have been very happy with it.

Other hobbies include Amateur radio and amateur radio contesting, fast cars, espresso and coffee and coffee roasting, metal detecting, fly fishing, and most geek things. I work in high tech.

Please don't hate me because I'm from CA - I promise I'm not like most of the CA types - I respect TX completely for what TX stands for, and am a very faithful person, law abiding, and very supportive of individual rights, religious freedom, and all the other things that are starkly NOT CA "benefits".

I really like the area I'm in, and am looking forward to learning more about local gun/sportsman clubs, training, and community service in ways I can give back a bit...

Thanks for making this community - I'm looking forward to reading, learning and getting to know folks here...

Jeff in Haslet

Hey Jeff

Welcome to Houston and I am also a former Californian moved here to Humble, TX in 2003 and have lived here ever since. I am hoping you receive the best treatment from MD Anderson as I deal with people coming from foreign countries to seek medical care there. I have not regretted moving here and I will never vote for a political party which supports more gun control or make the bs comment common sense control. I shoot both in Houston area and San Antonio area as I have relatives living over there. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress.

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    I've studied for the Technicians license, but haven't taken the time to find a local club to test at and finally get it done. I was an avid CB'er (don't snark) in the 70's, and used to work some skip comms off the wharf near us.. good times. I guess I need to get off my but and get the Technician out of the way and then test for General.
    Yes, do it! You'll love it!

CoinFinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Haslet, TX
    Hey Jeff

Welcome to Houston and I am also a former Californian moved here to Humble, TX in 2003 and have lived here ever since. I am hoping you receive the best treatment from MD Anderson as I deal with people coming from foreign countries to seek medical care there. I have not regretted moving here and I will never vote for a political party which supports more gun control or make the bs comment common sense control. I shoot both in Houston area and San Antonio area as I have relatives living over there. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress.
    Thank you for the nice and kind welcome, I appreciate it. I got great care at MDA and found Texans as a whole to be much friendlier than I had expected. I am with you on the political stuff for sure!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

I would go for both at the same time, for 2 reasons:
    1) The General is not much harder than the Technician, some questions are very similar, just more of them.
    2) That way you only have to pay one exam fee. You can go straight to Extra if you wanted to and only pay the $14.00 fee.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Impending recession? Economy going into the toilet? Want Soros people here when it happens?

What's your basis? I'd like to understand...

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

ZW’s belief system (whether correct or not) is different.

Accept it and ignore it or argue a moving target are the choices you’ve got with him.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Apple won’t bring jobs. They will import workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's jobs here. Taxes here.
    Impending recession? Economy going into the toilet? Want Soros people here when it happens?

What's your basis? I'd like to understand...
    More jobs equal a stronger economy. Again this not hard to understand.

Top Bottom