• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yah just change the barrel. I have a 16 inch barrel and it works good. I use Pmags and the gun runs great. If you go the forum you can find lots of load data. There is a guy that sells brass as well for a reasonable price. I use 20.5grs of 5744 with a 100gr AB to get about 2575 fps. I have the honer of killing the first pig with the 277WLV. I'm coondog on that forum. I have five cats and this one was easy to get up and running. It don't have the power of the 6.8 but it's not far behind. Formed brass is like $175? For 1000 rounds made from LC brass.
    The 6.8 is not exactly a powerhouse rd. I looked at some of the reported velocities and it looks good
    Capitol Armory ad

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've been so lucky. I'm in a neighborhood that is just about built out with construction workers driving around constantly in the past. Never had anything stolen but consider myself very lucky. I did see a guy eyeballing a package on my neighbor's porch a while back. But when he saw me write down the license plate, he decide that was enough and he took off.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    The 6.8 is not exactly a powerhouse rd. I looked at some of the reported velocities and it looks good

If interested in the 277 WLV check out the thread about it on the 6.8 Forum. And while your there, look at the some of the velocities forum memberss are getting with their 6.8 Spec II barrels. Much better that the Spec I (Sammi spec) barrels.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    When we built our house, UPS dropped off a TV on our porch. I was livid and called them. I asked them if it was a good idea to drop a large HDTV box off on a porch, in a neighborhood under construction, with random people driving around in pickup trucks. They arranged for me to go pick up the same TV from Best Buy after they did an investigation.

I'm glad things turned out good for you. I hope I have the same luck.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy

There is only so much you can do with the size of the AR15 mag well. Some of the larger bore calibers do pretty good. One cat I have is a 358MGP. It will equal what a 35 Remington will do. All the new cats coming lately for a AR15 gets me excited. I have one of ARPs new 270ARP. I'm pushing a 130gr bullet faster than a 6.8 can push a 110gr bullet. BHW has a bunch of cats based off of the 6.8 case. One they have I have been thinking about for a while is is the 22x6.8. It's almost like having a 22-250 in a AR15. Lots of cool stuff. The 277WLV is a real easy cat to work with. Just a barrel change and dies is all you need. There are plenty of bullets that work well with this round. I wanted to take the 18 inch barrel and cut the treads off and crown it. It works out to be 17 1/4 inches long. I like that look.

JBFA has formed brass for both the 277WLV and the 300BLK at a very reasonable price

Last edited:

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    Coondog from the 6.8 Forum.... I thought you sounded familiar! BTW, like the Coondog name better than piledriver! Anyway, hope you get your barrel back. Is it an ARP barrel?

I'm a licensed crane operator and if I had my choice I much rather pound piling in the ground with diesel hammer. But I did love to run my coondogs. I don't think the 18 inch barrels are. I know the 16 inch barrels are ARP barrels.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    I found a vid of the 277WLV if anyone wants to watch

USPS is doing things a little different these days. Be careful or you could get burned. It looks like having insurance don't mean anything and you have to pay more for a signature conformation. I should have had Mark send the barrel to my work.

Top Bottom