• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Interesting coincidence - I just met a woman last week who goes with her girlfriends, and she was gushing about it. I had never heard of it.

Bertgamble

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Midland, Tx
    I have been there 7 times for handgun classes and 2 shotgun classes. I think I paid $250 for the Diamond membership about 9 years ago, so I think I got my monies worth. I don't really go anymore because it is too easy, but you would be surprised to see how many supposed "shooters" come away with a different perspective on their abilities. Now I pretty much stick to Gunsite. I am going to a BRAVE (Ballistic Response Against Violent Encounters) next year. Lots of Force on Force and difficult scenarios to deal with. They push your to the edge, and sometimes over it.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I've been there once several years ago, would have been back but my wife had a stroke and can't travel well and I certainly can't leave her for a week. We had about 20 people in my class with 4-5 instructors all the time. They were observant and helpful. I have no idea of how many memberships I still have after trading in a bunch of them, but I also have course certificates. I've given away Diamond memberships to family. FS requires, or did, $100 to transfer memberships. That money went to FS, not me. I'd gladly give away all my remaining memberships and course certificates. However, I found that the guns at cost thing not worth the price. I've bought a couple of guns there and found them elsewhere cheaper a week later. I just asked for a price quote on 2 guns last week, but I had already found them cheaper on Grabagun or gunbuyer. Their ammo selection isn't much and it doesn't seem to be any cheaper than Wal-mart.

sanspeu1r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Filer, Idaho
    I have attended their pistol course twice, and practical rifle once, back about 15 years. The things I learned were better than my Army training. It is an unusual business plan, a sort of mass marketing, with large classes but well trained instructors and rigid safety procedures. Cheap cheap way to go, and I learned a lot from them. Will probably go again.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    A discount that steep tends to make me stop and wonder what's wrong.

Cash flow is what’s wrong. They market the lifetime diamond as take any course as many times as you want.

Then, drill in on the courses and find one you think would you’re interested in. There’s probably a pre-requisite for that course. And maybe a pre-req for the pre-req. So, how many trips to Nevada do you want to take/can you afford to take to get the course you want.

Think of the membership offer as someone asking for a $350 donation.

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    They were robo calling me couple of times a day for a year or 2, I still get robo call once in a while about upgrades, I bought the thing but realized I can do the training locally for $500 or so and travelling to nevada, I was looking at 250 to 300 for flight, car rental/uber, hotels, food etc close to 700 to 800. I can do better locally for much cheaper.

Rango

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2019
    Aledo, TX
    YEARS AGO I was at the very first meeting the "Dr." held - where he declared himself and his Chief Instructor the VERY FIRST "Combat Masters". WOW... He thinks VERY highly of himself.
    I've had friends go over the years, hey it's a chance to go shoot so why not? Other friends that retired from LE and were instructors. My take is the instructors are just fine.
    The organization is just a SALES outfit - think timeshare meets gym, meets cult... all presented like a used car sales. I was told by my wife that we would not be buying any membership. This was after he invited all the "Ladies" to go shopping while we (the guys) talked about shooting. My wife was a Deputy Sheriff at the time. She was less than impressed that the "Dr." dismissed the "ladies". :laughing:

Top Bottom