• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/food/article/Frontier-Burger-owned-by-Jim-s-opens-first-7227489.php

12718003_481953012012011_3728097046069331023_n.jpg

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Not TOO new, Mike...2008. We used to visit the old location of Austin Diner next to them on Burnet...never tried their burgers, however.

Has it been that long? I guess they refurbished or something - I just noticed them a while back. I'm with you, though, I'm a Top Notch guy.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Went in last night around 8:30, it was crazy busy. When my wife came home, cars were backed up almost to Broadway on the frontage road at around 5:30.

Took about 25 minutes to get our food. Had a conversation with the guy that was involved with Frontier back in the 60s, and they brought him in as a consultant. He was telling me that all burger are cooked over charcoal, and the flavor of the meat was quite good. I have some dietary restrictions right now, but my wife says the onion rings were really good.

Burgers run $7-$9. The sell some chicken stuff, but we didn't try them.

Overall, I would give them a thumbs up, and we'll go back probably next weekend after the rush dies down.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    The charcoal smell is a siren call for miles. It cannot be resisted.

But generally speaking, go by around noon and it's still okay, but much past that and it gets ugly. Also go after 8pm, you can get your food pretty quick. It doesn't look like they've figured out the drive thru just yet, so go inside.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I grew up on the southeast side in the 60's and early 70's... Jim's Frontier Drive-in was just down the street. We ate many great burgers there, but for a long time, my mom worked at the Flame on SE Military and their flame broiled burgers were even better! Then, further up Goliad Rd. there was Floyd's Dairy Bar with his 5 for $1.00... pretty damn good hambugers (still there... 5 for $3.25 and smaller), plus right across the street was the original Bill Miller's BBQ on Dauchey Rd, now Southcross. There wasn't much else on the southeast side back then, but we ate good! Seems nothing today tastes as good as it did back then...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Hey, guys don't forget 2 other great places to eat on the Southwest side of town, Grief's Burgers and Best Burger. They are great without breaking the bank.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Today I was in the area around lunch time (12:30) and stopped by Frontier Burger. I addition to the same burgers they serve at Jim's they had a few other burger options and other fast food items like Fish or Chicken sandwiches. They also have ice cream cones and chili. One thing I like is that you can order the burgers a la cart. It's ok but not a place I'd go out of my way for.

The place was packed and they do have a drive through. I got my burger in less than 5 min

Top Bottom