• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Great, now where am I supposed to go for great pricing combined with shitty service?

143882f6fd0cc34026d2f47ad8246655.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The internet and Amazon has changed retail. A continuation of what walmart started.

It sucks for anyone over 25 or 30 used to going to a store and consulting with knowledge people. My adult kids get shit delivered multiple times a day from multiple places. They dont actually go shopping anymore.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Another score for the online industries like Amazon. Bezos couldn't ask for a better business opportunity than a pandemic.

During the plandemic, global billionaires of this world saw their wealth grow from a combined $8 trillion, to $14 trillion.

It’s supposedly the largest transfer…I mean growth… of wealth the world has ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Yes, and living in the country, 30 miles from town, it is tempting to order things online and have them dropped at my gate. For items I use regularly and purchase often, I've actually ordered things from Amazon and Sam's.
    Still, there are certain items for which this does not work.
    I want to try on a garment before I buy it (unless it's an item that is pretty standard - like Wrangler Cargo Pants in my usual size, or a replacement set of sunglasses like the ones I just lost, etc).

I still try to shop local, and will even pay a bit more if I'm dealing with friendly, helpful people.

Right now in looking for a power recliner to fit my 6'6", 280# arse. I won't order it online because I insist on sitting in it first to try it on for size. I'll most likely buy it locally and pay the delivery/setup fee - if they aren't trying to bend-me-over with the mark-up! It isn't worth the risk of throwing my back out again to unloaded and wrestle it through the door!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    One thing that didn't help fry's was their clumsy/tedious way they made customers jump through hoops to buy their merchandise and then when customers went to leave the store they checked every customers receipt.

Yeah, walmart does that too, but only randomly. Didn't (no longer shop at W) like that there either, but fry's did it to every single customer who went to leave.

Once I experienced the above I never went back.

Screw them.

I zero sympathy for their demise...treat every customer like a thief...fk you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Never shopped at Fry's, but many years ago, did a lot of business with Radio Shack. Then Radio Shack started selling cell phones and services and it seemed as if the electronics took a back seat.

Reactions: gll

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Never shopped at Fry's, but many years ago, did a lot of business with Radio Shack. Then Radio Shack started selling cell phones and services and it seemed as if the electronics took a back seat.
    I used to shop at Fry's frequently while TDY in San Diego, but at that time I believe I only saw them in California.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    When they first opened in DFW I bought several items but then they quickly went downhill on price and service. One store is near my work and pre-Covid it was a ghost town. I'm surprised it took this long to finally make the decision to close.

Top Bottom