• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    7 dead, 12 wounded in mass shooting on property itself. At the "Soldier readiness center"

Anyone hear about this?

At least seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said.

NBC affiliate KCEN in Waco reported that the second suspect may be holed up in a building on the post.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The base was reportedly on lockdown. Two nearby school districts were also being locked down.

Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, and 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.

AR15Vern

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    I was just checking to see if some one from DFW might be stationed there and be on line. I use to travel all the time and always log on as a local.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    12 dead 31 wounded according to fox, 3 purps 1 dead 2 in custody all soldiers. the one dead was suposedly a major named malik hassan, dont know anything about the other 2. but dohbama i going to make sure we have all the answers to this incident according to the ticker.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom