Join TexasGunTalk

Ft Worth Gun Show

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by allforbirds, Aug 13, 2008.

1. allforbirds

allforbirds New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I have never been to it and I know it is coming up at the end of august.

Does anyone know if they have had any re loading supplies in the past?

Trying to decide on where to pickup my hubby's reloader for his b day.

Thanks!

2. MrsFosforos

MrsFosforos New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    There is usually a Lee Precision Reloading dealer set up there. My husband bought a press and dies & other supplies from him.

3. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    The Fort Worth show is OK, but there are twice as many vendors at the Dallas Market Hall gun shows. The next one is September 20-21st if you can wait that long.

4. MrsFosforos

MrsFosforos New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    K,
    I was mistaken, it was Market Hall where the Lee Reloading guy sets up. My husband says online prices are better; but I don't know if that outweighs shipping costs too.
    Regina

5. Viper

Viper New Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    It is worth going to take a look there are usually quite a few good vendors there...a fair amount of handguns, hunting rifles, and shotguns...Mil-surp is thin on the ground and usually overpriced quite a bit. As for reloading and ammo there are a couple of deals but if you are looking for something off the wall it will cost you. As with most guns shows it is becoming a venue for indian art, turquois jewelery, knives, and jerkey but the last time I went in June (I think it was June) the guns and ammo still had the enough of the majority for it still to be called a gun show and not a craft show with guns.

6. Mark F

Mark F Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I go to all the Ft Worth gun shows... Yes you'll find re-loading stuff, lots of it. I enjoy strolling the isles looking at all the stuff.

7. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Pass on the FW show and wait till the Dallas show.It is much better IMHO.

8. 50calRay

50calRay Active Member

Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I may check out the show since I'm going to be in the DFW area. Do you know if they generaly have a decent antique section?