• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'd have no argument with that. I've never actually privately sold a gun for which I signed a 4473. But it's good to know what peoples' feelings are on the subject ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Toting it around in a box doesn't fall under carrying.

Also, if I signed a 4473 for a gun, I'll have the buyer sign a bill of sale for sure. For the same reason I have the buyer of a car I'm selling sign one too. I know I don't have to, but I also won't be held responsible for anything you're doing with your freshly acquired private property. Otherwise, cash in the parking lot is fine.

Lol

Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I get a bill of sale for cars so I can send it to HCTRA when the **** goes through the toll plaza. Lolz

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Bitbanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Ehh, depending on the situation, it can be a little more annoying than that.

Feelings about the situation aside, does anyone know if the fact that you are the last documented owner of a firearm committed in a crime counts as "probably cause" even if you do tell them you sold said firearm but have no documented proof of the sale?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    If you tell them you sold it, then you sold it. The burden of proof is on them and it is nowhere even close to being enough probable cause for a warrant.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I get a bill of sale for cars so I can send it to HCTRA when the $#@! goes through the toll plaza. Lolz

Actually you are supposed to remove and dispose the license plates on any vehicle that you sell. I found that out after Katy Honda vehicle manager racked up hundreds of dollars of tolls on a car we traded in.

FTF is a handshake.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Now THAT would be 'tarded indeed. But something like this? Just for the seller's piece of mind?

cqwBil0.png

Thats crazy big gov gun control BS and anyone who asks for that is the enemy.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would never fill out a 4473 for a FTF deal.

Unlike some here, I don't believe BOSs are a form of registration (they're a damn receipt, nothing more), especially since there is absolutely nothing requiring you to have one. They are not a deal breaker for me. A 4473 is a deal breaker in most cases though. That IS more or less a form of registration, and I'm not going to go through the trouble of filling out a form and paying a fee just to do something that was perfectly legal. There are only two cases where I would do that for a FTF sale. Either it's a sale too good to resist (hard to find gun, or really good price on the gun that you would be an idiot to pass up), or if it's across state lines where I am legally required to do one anyways.

I have never had to do a BOS or a 4473 for a FTF sale, and I've done a few FTF sales over the years.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Actually you are supposed to remove and dispose the license plates on any vehicle that you sell. I found that out after Katy Honda vehicle manager racked up hundreds of dollars of tolls on a car we traded in.

FTF is a handshake.

You are not required to. You can sell it with or without the plates. TxDPS has a form you can fill out online to show that you no longer own the vehicle.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have signed a plenty of those but I don't give them my driver's license or CHL number or my address. They already have my name, my cell phone number, and probably my email. That's plenty if they really want to get ahold of me or find out who I am.

Yeah, they're not getting any of that info, damn sure not getting my address. That's just stupid. A name and a signature is all they'd get.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I've signed 2 - both times I was buying a service weapon from a cop. Each of us wound up with a copy. His to show he'd sold it. Mine to prove I hadn't stolen it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Feelings about the situation aside, does anyone know if the fact that you are the last documented owner of a firearm committed in a crime counts as "probably cause" even if you do tell them you sold said firearm but have no documented proof of the sale?
    Besides the burden of proof to prove that you still own it, not committing the crime is always a pretty good defense too.

If the only evidence they have against you is that you owned the gun at one time then you are probably going to be just fine.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've turned down deals on here when the BOS requirement shows up in PM's, not in the for sale post. I'd have to want it pretty badly if I were to sign a BOS. If showing my TX CHL isn't good enough, 9 times out of 10, I'll pass.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I won't sign a BOS because I've vowed to spend my life fighting against the powers of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom