• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I can see a buyer wanting a BOS for insurance purposes, especially if it was something super expensive. But for a $300 M&P Shield or similar, no.

Didn't say I would give one, however.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    C&R firearms, regardless of FTF or not have to be logged out of the FFL03 disposition book with all new address information included. Non C&R firearms can be handed over with cash in hand with no bill of sale or personal information being swapped in TEXAS and a few other states.

HOWEVER...

Personally, the seller has the right to profile a little and maybe be a little prejudice here. If the buyer looks like a POS or doesn't look to be a citizen, he or she can back out of the sale, or ask for ID for proof.

Through experience, especially living on a border town, I have run into a similar instance where a Facebook FTF buyer of a G17 didn't speak a word of English, and I recognized that his vehicle had Chihuahua plates. I asked if he was American, and he got upset, and he also had no ID... thus I backed out of the sale. He was PO'ed, but oh well.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Personally, the seller has the right to profile a little and maybe be a little prejudice here. If the buyer looks like a POS or doesn't look to be a citizen...

...buyer doesn't have to be a US citizen. Legal permanent residents ("green card holders") are allowed to own, buy, sell, use guns also.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    You are correct Kar98, however I would rather sell it to someone else and not have to mess with the ATF in the event something went sour. If it feels wrong... 99% of the time it is.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    C&R firearms, regardless of FTF or not have to be logged out of the FFL03 disposition book with all new address information included. Non C&R firearms can be handed over with cash in hand with no bill of sale or personal information being swapped in TEXAS and a few other states.

HOWEVER...

Personally, the seller has the right to profile a little and maybe be a little prejudice here. If the buyer looks like a POS or doesn't look to be a citizen, he or she can back out of the sale, or ask for ID for proof.

Through experience, especially living on a border town, I have run into a similar instance where a Facebook FTF buyer of a G17 didn't speak a word of English, and I recognized that his vehicle had Chihuahua plates. I asked if he was American, and he got upset, and he also had no ID... thus I backed out of the sale. He was PO'ed, but oh well.

Thats perfectly acceptable. but if I offer to show you my CHL, and you still insist on FFL xfer or BOS. I'd rather walk away.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And don't sell to people who pitch a tantrum over signing a receipt.

So do you require a receipt for a $300 grill? What about a $300 law mower? $300 chainsaw?

There's no legal reason for a receipt, and if that's a deal breaker for either party involved, it's their right to walk away.

We've already got a society full of stupid and useless rules, no need to add any more to the mix!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So do you require a receipt for a $300 grill? What about a $300 law mower? $300 chainsaw?

There's no legal reason for a receipt, and if that's a deal breaker for either party involved, it's their right to walk away.

We've already got a society full of stupid and useless rules, no need to add any more to the mix!

I have yet to sell any gun privately that I signed a 4473 for so I haven't asked anybody yet to sign a firearms bill of sale. We also got a society full of stupid and useless people so if the mere discussion of signed BOS, yay or nay gets you all ruffled up... man, some of y'all need to take a chill pill or at least reduce your caffeine intake.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We get calls frequently...

This gun is registered in my name, how do I change it to someone else?

Does my BOS need to be notarized?

My standard answer....guns are not registered in anyone's name. No BOS is needed.

If they argue otherwise, I just ask why they called for my advice when they obviously have all the answers......

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I have yet to see anyone in this thread display that level of retardation. A BOS is not worth much in a criminal investigation. What is does do is give you documentation for your own personal records, the same as with ANY receipt. Nothing more, nothing less. People need to get over themselves and quit trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Why do you want that documentation "for your records"? Why does it matter to you who bought your firearm?

Top Bottom