Fucile Automatico Leggero!

OIF2

Well-Known
Dec 28, 2008
Hill Country
I like it! I used to see those all the time when I was stationed in Italy...we used to laugh at the Italian conscripts with beards carrying those BM59s. Some units had unaltered M1s, except for being converted to 7.62mm.
Bob

Eli

Well-Known
Dec 28, 2008
Ghettohood - SW Houston
I like it! I used to see those all the time when I was stationed in Italy...we used to laugh at the Italian conscripts with beards carrying those BM59s. Some units had unaltered M1s, except for being converted to 7.62mm.
Bob
This model is about 1/2 what people think of when they think BM59, and 1/2 'Type 2' Garand - what the Italians called the 7.62 conversions. It doesn't cost too much more than a PTR or AR-10 costs ($500 parts kit, $500 in receiver machining, plus cost of receiver), but to me it's a lot more gun. Sarco is selling barrels crazy cheap ($30/each, or 5 for $100), op rods are less than $100 (T2 op rods were cheap until recently, when Standard Parts started making extended tips), the stocks can be made from T2 stocks (about $100 for a NOS stock and the modifications - European Walnut!), and a lot of the parts are standard Garand parts. Hopefully I'll have time to take her to the range soon, I've been too busy with work - I'm a Realtor - to finish final assembly and get some personal time in.

Eli

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts