Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    That's Italian, not French!

so72hd.jpg

2dltzci.jpg

8yidnb.jpg

Parts kit from the Garand Guy, machine work by Shuff's Parkerizing.

Eli
    Lynx Defense

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Ah, Italian, must explain it... A dish set that's plates, bowls, and teacups?

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    So, Is that a magazine fed 30/06, or a kit built M1A?

It's a Beretta BM59E, build using a kit from Garand Guy and the receiver machined by Shuff. The US government transferred several WWII ships to Argentina in the 1950s, and the Argentine Navy found itself trying to standardize on 7.62 NATO soon after. The economic solution was to send the M1 Garand Rifles that came on said ships to Beretta in Italy, where they were modified to take 20-round detachable magazines and converted to 7.62 by shortening the breech end of the barrel, stock, and operating rod about 1/2".

wow... how do you like the Officejet Pro 8610 ?

Ask me after I run it out of ink and have to pay for THAT - I work real estate, it's a lot easier to work from home with a good AIO than run to the office every time I need to print or scan something.

Used of all your tissues I see. No doubt for the tears of joy over your new acquisition.
    biggrin.png

Yeah, to stop the blood from WECSOG - I really had it in for my left ring finger yesterday!

Ah, Italian, must explain it... A dish set that's plates, bowls, and teacups?

The wife's Belgian, but I prefer the Italian FAL to the Belgian one ;)

Eli

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I like it! I used to see those all the time when I was stationed in Italy...we used to laugh at the Italian conscripts with beards carrying those BM59s. Some units had unaltered M1s, except for being converted to 7.62mm.
    Bob

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I like it! I used to see those all the time when I was stationed in Italy...we used to laugh at the Italian conscripts with beards carrying those BM59s. Some units had unaltered M1s, except for being converted to 7.62mm.
    Bob

This model is about 1/2 what people think of when they think BM59, and 1/2 'Type 2' Garand - what the Italians called the 7.62 conversions. It doesn't cost too much more than a PTR or AR-10 costs ($500 parts kit, $500 in receiver machining, plus cost of receiver), but to me it's a lot more gun. Sarco is selling barrels crazy cheap ($30/each, or 5 for $100), op rods are less than $100 (T2 op rods were cheap until recently, when Standard Parts started making extended tips), the stocks can be made from T2 stocks (about $100 for a NOS stock and the modifications - European Walnut!), and a lot of the parts are standard Garand parts. Hopefully I'll have time to take her to the range soon, I've been too busy with work - I'm a Realtor - to finish final assembly and get some personal time in.

Eli

Top Bottom