• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Just an FYI - most of ya know Fuelfather is my oldest boy. He took a lightning hit on their house tonight. No one hurt, but there's definitely electrical damage - we got any qualified/certified electricians here that can check things out AND fight it out w/their insurance company? We already know that he had a substantial voltage spike on the lines (damaged appliances, and a "blown up" motion sensor on the garage door), so I've advised him to push for ALL the appliances to be replaced - because as a practical matter, most of 'em absorbed excess voltage, which may not show up for 6 months or so - so it's gonna need to be someone capable of duking it out w/the adjusters.
    If you can do it, please email me (on the road tomorrow), and I'll pass the info on!
    Lynx Defense

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    This ain't really gonna help, but I have a whole-house surge supressor and am covered for up to $25,000 in damage to eletrical items in the event of a power spike. It was cheap insurance at around $150.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    This ain't really gonna help, but I have a whole-house surge supressor and am covered for up to $25,000 in damage to eletrical items in the event of a power spike. It was cheap insurance at around $150.

Sorry to hear of the problems!

Details / link on this surge protector please......

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    wow, not good...but you're right about the electronics. Make the insurance replace them now, and if they refuse, document, document, document as to the condition of all electronics, and get the proof of purchase info together. Then in 6 months, when they start going out, you can go back to the insureance company and make them replace them then! I had to do this a couple of years back...3 TV's, computer, dvd players, stand mixer, coffee pot, electric cook top...all of it ended up going out within 6 months of the power hit!

I know a great guy in San Angelo, I'll see him at range night and ask if he knows anyone down your way...

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thank you guys. We just got the A/C working Tuesday afternoon(22hrs after strike), 3 hours after the Tech showed up and me asking him repeatedly if it could be the T-STAT. After 2.5hrs he finally tried a new one and wouldn't you know it, I isn't so stupid after is. The cable guys just left, new splitter at main junction in house and new line from local trunk near house, internet now working. Big Screen blew out the sound board, and many other issues with other electronics.

Thank you Dad for all the help so far.

Side note if I don't have a buyer by tomorrow I will have an Evil Black Rifle for sale. Someone already has first crack.

Top Bottom