• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I've been discussing fully automatic firearms with a shooting buddy from Michigan. He asked if I knew if citizens can legaly own one. I really don't know. Can someone bail us out? Thanks as always. L.B.
    Gun Zone Deals

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    There are some hoops to jump through......... Don't just buy one from a guy on the corner.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    You just gotta get a special permit for it, right?
    The very first thing, it has to be transferable. However it works, the ATF has to have it as a recorded weapon, weither it was a bring back, registered before the old cut off date etc. I looked at an AK a few years back to find out it was never documented, I just walked away and deleted the guy out of my phone book.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    No permit.
    No license.

It's a $200 tax stamp.

Getting a machine gun is the exact same process as getting a silencer in Texas. (Some states will not allow them)

You can get the CLEO to sign off on it.
    You can get your corporation to buy it.
    You go currently the most popular route and have a trust you set up buy it.

The gun must have been made and be transferable before 1986, as that is when the banned making guns that civilians can own.

You will go through the same waiting period for the paperwork to process as you would on any other NFA item.

Problem is cost, since they can't make anymore, the supply is going down and the prices continues to go up.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It is legal but there are caveats. Some states have laws banning machine guns. Federal laws bans machine guns that were not registered before May 19, 1986. So to buy a legal machine gun you have a set pool to choose from, and this has greatly inflated the prices. After your fork over the cash you have to pay a $200 tax to the Feds and wait 4-6 months on some paperwork.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yes.

But after using up $100 bucks of ammo in less then 10mins.....semi seems pretty nice. In fact, bolt actions seem the way to go.

3rd burst is more fun(IMHO) then just emptying mag after mag...trying to keep it on target.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Just buy an ar-15 and buy a slide fire stock. Bump fire and be done. Not sure how good they are, but beats dealing with the hassle of class 3 and YouTube has some cool videos! Just stumbled on them today looking at ar pistol vids.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Come on, guy. You can post on a gun message board but you can't do a Google search for "machine gun [civilian] ownership"? That question is so basic, you might as well be asking us what company makes iPhones.

NTMock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Hockley, TX
    Just buy an ar-15 and buy a slide fire stock. Bump fire and be done. Not sure how good they are, but beats dealing with the hassle of class 3 and YouTube has some cool videos! Just stumbled on them today looking at ar pistol vids.
    I agree, a friend of mine has a slide fire on his AR and it screams. It works very well. Never jams or causes any hiccups.

Top Bottom