Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    True. Expansion results in greater energy transfer, hydrostatic shock, and a wider wound channel. All ideal for hunting.

Perforating an enemy combatant with a FMJ disables the victim while placing a greater burden on the enemy medical support infrastructure.

Of those things only wider wound channel kills...

Central nervous system disruption and blood loss are what kills whether bullets, knives or clubs.

I hunt hogs with FMJs and have never had any problems. Would an expanding bullet cause death a few seconds faster in some fringe cases? Sure. Probably, but I'd guess they are few and far between.

If I'm hunting a game animal I'll use a proper hunting (or bthp) bullet, but the reality is a good shot is a good shot and a bad one is a bad one nearly regardless of bullet type

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    images.jpeg

Gamblerloo was banned.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When we took the enlistment oath, we put our lives in the hands of those in the S1 branch. They had total control of duty stations, pay, records.
    >
    As I was a Reservist, a Medical Officer, I was still in private practice of Family Medicine in a small town.

I did as ordered, closed my practice, ran ads in newspapers, packed military gear, etc. and showed-up in Houston ready-to-go.

Apparently,they missed me when “everyone” was told it was a spoof, that the General just wanted everyone to come watch the superbowl with him at HQ.

What a mess, all had to be undone.

The other two times, I was called & notified to ignore the “orders”. To me, that was no “joking matter” !

leVieux

Top Bottom