ARJ Defense ad

Fun Haunted scary places to go in October/Halloween time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Crazy stuff, so crazy that I even remember the year and day this took place (still gives me the chills thinking about it).

I remember in 1999, the day before Halloween (it was a Saturday), the scariest event my friends and I ever witnessed was when we walked along the Rio Grande Levee in West El Paso at night after some underage drinking at a house party near Franklin HS.

We were smoking menthols and buzzing on Zimas, Shmirnoffs, and MD 20/20 and we thought we were such "cool Catz"... lol.

I vividly remember that the riverbed was bone dry and that we were in an area (at the time) that wasn't developed and was well overgrown. All 6 of us were being loud, goofy, and talking nonsense.....; but I tell you what it was all fun and laughs until we heard a woman crying up ahead.

All of us froze in our tracks.

Right away two of my good friends were like "hell no, let's go back". Me (then 18-year-old Captain Save a Ho) and my other three buds were like "no, that really sounds like a lady that NEEDS help"... I remember the cries sounded like pure agony. Needless to say, we ran down the levee about 30 yards to the spot where we thought the cries were coming from. While getting there I CLEARLY remember hearing splashing, and movement in the brush up ahead; but once we got to what felt like we were right on top of it, it stopped.

The pure silence and darkness at that moment was extremely disturbing. Remember, we didn't have smartphones back then so no flashlights or cameras either so it was very dark. There was no water anywhere, just pure silence, sand, and absolutely nothing. My buddy Evan (now a dentist) shouted "ma'am, where are you, are you ok?" A shrill disembodied voice about 10 feet in front of us said "LEEAAAVEE"!

I'll tell you what, and we did just that... we ran back up the levee so fast it was like we were flying.
    I didn't crap or piss myself or anything like that, but I know fear and the feeling that you just might.

To this day (when we bump into one another) we still talk about that night.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Crazy stuff, so crazy that I even remember the year and day this took place (still gives me the chills thinking about it).

I remember in 1999, the day before Halloween (it was a Saturday), the scariest event my friends and I ever witnessed was when we walked along the Rio Grande Levee in West El Paso at night after some underage drinking at a house party near Franklin HS.

We were smoking menthols and buzzing on Zimas, Shmirnoffs, and MD 20/20 and we thought we were such "cool Catz"... lol.

I vividly remember that the riverbed was bone dry and that we were in an area (at the time) that wasn't developed and was well overgrown. All 6 of us were being loud, goofy, and talking nonsense.....; but I tell you what it was all fun and laughs until we heard a woman crying up ahead.

All of us froze in our tracks.

Right away two of my good friends were like "hell no, let's go back". Me (then 18-year-old Captain Save a Ho) and my other three buds were like "no, that really sounds like a lady that NEEDS help"... I remember the cries sounded like pure agony. Needless to say, we ran down the levee about 30 yards to the spot where we thought the cries were coming from. While getting there I CLEARLY remember hearing splashing, and movement in the brush up ahead; but once we got to what felt like we were right on top of it, it stopped.

The pure silence and darkness at that moment was extremely disturbing. Remember, we didn't have smartphones back then so no flashlights or cameras either so it was very dark. There was no water anywhere, just pure silence, sand, and absolutely nothing. My buddy Evan (now a dentist) shouted "ma'am, where are you, are you ok?" A shrill disembodied voice about 10 feet in front of us said "LEEAAAVEE"!

I'll tell you what, and we did just that... we ran back up the levee so fast it was like we were flying.
    I didn't crap or piss myself or anything like that, but I know fear and the feeling that you just might.

To this day (when we bump into one another) we still talk about that night.
    Sure she wasnt hollering levee as I'm on the levee? Lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You want scary? Stand between the Glock counter and Moonpie at the Black Friday sale.....
    hell no1.jpeg

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Sure she wasnt hollering levee as I'm on the levee? Lol
    No, I assure you it was "leave" not levee.

Either it was the Llorona, or one heck of an EPIC prank by some silly girls that we didn't know were there.
    Logic leads to the latter, but I really think it could have been the Llorona.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Lower east Chi town after dark? South Oak Cliff. "cemetery' down the street? Dem run city? Dad added a dormer to get 3 GS boys out of a single 10x10 bedroom. Put in a furnace with metal ducts. The sounded like somebody creeping along the floor - so covers over the head to make it go away. IIRC only time I got shook was a car doing a U turn against a rock bridge on US75 and coming back in the passing lane. I was pulling a trailer and just kept going straight over the bridge. We had to pull over and regain our cool. Semi's behind me (CB days) said they didn't hit him, so OK I guess. Pulling a camper and losing brakes on the turn into Ouray, she was ready to bail but I got it stopped. Glad there was that little turnout-overlook. 400ft down and a car there in the old river.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's that time of year again.

Please relay your spooky stories or locations for us to visit this Halloween season.

In denton County we have the goatman bridge or old alto bridge. There have been several television episodes of various groups covering the goatman bridge and haunted forest surrounding it.

It's easy to find and get to. Just Google it. There is a parking lot right there at the bridge.

So what are your spooky stories or locations to visit this Halloween season. Spooky personal experiences are great as are haunted locations.

Tell us yours

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I was married to wife #2we always decorated the front yard and house for Halloween.
    For the most part were I live are older folks. When you see kids they tend to be grandkids. At the one way in to get back where I live theres a house the decorates every holliday. Right now the must have a thousand dollars if Chicom Moamart shit in there yard. I never drove past in the dark but I would bet they have a light show with spooky sounds.

Top Bottom