Living on Airplanes
    __6ba782d7795c121c80c2ec2e22c81ac8_width-600.jpeg

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Using what they called a sheath knife, we were supposed to use a special glove, maybe kevlar related, forget it now, when removing the rubber outer sleeve from copper wires in telco. Had to use some downward pressure in doing so and the glove was there to prevent accidents when knife slipped as it often did. Working in nasty environment like a manhole paper towels were a necessity and of course electrical tape a necessity for all kinds of uses. Saving bacon a slang phrase for whatever applies....
    I used to sell a lot of different equipment to telcos back in the day. If I recall correctly, somewhere from 1982-87 we introduced gloves like you mentioned. I forget the name, but I would demo it by dragging a razor knife across my palm. What did you do in the telco? Were you with the Bell system?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I used to sell a lot of different equipment to telcos back in the day. If I recall correctly, somewhere from 1982-87 we introduced gloves like you mentioned. I forget the name, but I would demo it by dragging a razor knife across my palm. What did you do in the telco? Were you with the Bell system?
    Kevlar gloves prevent slicing, stabs are another story! I remember when Safeway bought us out and the stainless steel cut resistant gloves were issued. None of those fitted properly enough and meat cutter spent more time sharpening their knives.

Top Bottom