• Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Randalls
    Kevlar gloves prevent slicing, stabs are another story! I remember when Safeway bought us out and the stainless steel cut resistant gloves were issued. None of those fitted properly enough and meat cutter spent more time sharpening their knives.
    or Tom Thumb?

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    1633558048771.png

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I started working for Randall's in 1982. Tom Thumb was the college boy spending money like he was large & in charge!

I remember slicing those cheap water added hams for Mrs Onstead to pack lunches with when the Sugarland store opened. That was the last store I worked what a dump!
    I started at Randall’s in 1989 working in the store. They put me through college (well they paid 75% of it) and I was graduated and working at the corporate office when they were bought out by Safeway. Went down hill real fast after that. Spent 13 years with them.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    I started at Randall’s in 1989 working in the store. They put me through college (well they paid 75% of it) and I was graduated and working at the corporate office when they were bought out by Safeway. Went down hill real fast after that. Spent 13 years with them.
    Safeway, another great CAL product - NOT!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The ESOP lawsuit then the EE, but had lots of vacation time. OC lawsuit cratered them. I should have bailed then! Hell I should have made my exit different but I was at the point of mayhem!

Top Bottom