1658017841748.png
    Guns International

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I did some rides with DC-Velo and that was mostly how they operated. Red-light? Creep in until traffic stopped then the rest of the riders follow...didn't like it and once I learned the route I stopped riding with them because of it.

Critical Mass... would be another group I would never associate with because of their antics. I can't stand them.

When I was in college at UT-Austin I got stuck on Lamar Blvd in the middle of a Critical Mass "demonstration" - probably 200 bike riders, clogging all lanes of the road, surrounding cars on all sides and pounding on their windows and body panels. Apparently they thought they were "making a statement".

They did.

That statement is "any asshole can ride a bike".

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Not my experience at all
    I’d say it is about 70/30 good to a-holes. Unfortunately, some of the good tend to fallow some of the a-holes
    I got to flat spot $1400.00 of day old tires due to an a-hole and all I got for not driving my 1 ton thru a group of about 18 cyclist was the one finger salute. So, I don’t have a lot of patience for inconsiderate motorist of any type.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Where is that prohibited?

Regarding stop signs: A Olympic level cycling official said this at a basic official's class when I first got my USAC Official's license.

"The rules are black and white, but the racing always takes place in the grey area between the rules."

His point was sometimes there are rules that simply are not applicable in a strict interpretation for the situation. Does it really make sense for each cyclist in a group to stop, one-by-one (or two-by-two) at a stopsign? No, it doesn't. Should they blow a stopping? No, but I atleast am just as lenient with cyclists, especially given the overall risk to others, as I am with cars.
    "Did they slow to a point they attenuated the risk to the public before entering the intersection?" Letter of the law is rarely the right course for enforcement.

And now a European flavor which I found funny.
    58cffe8cb2c2de37c22c025b3fc31391.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    I was told by a local Sheriff Deputy that each bike is considered a separate vehicle and riding two a rear would be illegal. I think cyclist are not held to the same standard to the law as a motorized vehicle. This creates friction. I don’t give a damn what some Olympic Official thinks should or not be enforced. Enforce the laws equally. I have never seen someone given a break after committing a rolling stop in a car(but no one was coming Officer yeah right……sign here).

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I was told by a local Sheriff Deputy that each bike is considered a separate vehicle and riding two a rear would be illegal. I think cyclist are not held to the same standard to the law as a motorized vehicle. This creates friction. I don’t give a damn what some Olympic Official thinks should or not be enforced. Enforce the laws equally. I have never seen someone given a break after committing a rolling stop in a car(but no one was coming Officer yeah right……sign here).
    Off topic but I'm sure it's ok.

We were driving thru a city with a main strip that had stop signs every block for miles. It was 4am. My friend blew thu one. Didn't slow at all. Cop out of nowhere lights us up.

He asks my friend why he didn't stop at the sign.
    " I stopped twice at the one before" officer actually chuckled and gave us a warning.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Some cyclists are inconsiderate assholes. The rest are just taking up space created for motor vehicles. Luckily, I rarely see them. But if you slow me down because you're rolling at 25mph, and we're stacking up behind you, I'll wait til it's safe and legal to pass, but you're getting a shit load of horn and I'm only crossing the centerline enough to give you that three feet. Find a track or get a mountain bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

EVERY point you make is wrong/mistaken but this isn't the place to discuss it beyond the quote was to illustrate the law has a goal, if traffic law its goal is to create a safe, predictable environment for the users of the road, but one size does not fit all and if users occasionally bend or break the rules or laws in the interest of safety because the law isn't perfect, the person enforcing the law should exercise discretion.

Ти де = Where are you?
    63488802e0398f1cd2a682cdc47688a0.jpg

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    EVERY point you make is wrong/mistaken but this isn't the place to discuss it beyond the quote was to illustrate the law has a goal, if traffic law its goal is to create a safe, predictable environment for the users of the road, but one size does not fit all and if users occasionally bend or break the rules or laws in the interest of safety because the law isn't perfect, the person enforcing the law should exercise discretion.

Ти де = Where are you?
    63488802e0398f1cd2a682cdc47688a0.jpg

Tx traffic law states that a bicycle is considered a vehicle. You are bound by all laws governing a vehicle. You. Are allowed to ride two abreast only when not impeding traffic or in a designated bike lane. You are required to come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red traffic lights. Tell me where I am wrong.
    I drive in Tx traffic every day.

jwhistler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    Arlington
    What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate? I'm glad you asked...

12:05 pm: It's time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it's a lukewarm PBR. It's suppose to be grape flavored but it's becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything grape in their life. You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You eat a handful of chips, It's going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don't care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You're about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of impacted crap in your colon and you basically just drank the "safe for humans" version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it's time. You're wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser.

Take note...this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it's boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you...you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can't run... NEVER run! You pray to god there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3...2...1...

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary, mother of God...is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The crap/ water mixture you've just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down.

Is that blood?

False alarm.

That's just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving...when you were 5. The smell is horrid...the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your butthole to soften the blow but it's not working. The whole house just heard your liquid fart as it gurgled out of your butt.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything's a blur. You have crapped out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800's, and your butt now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it.

You're now curled up in the bathtub crying because you have to remain within arm's reach of the toilet at all times. You have the poop sweats.

You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: You're broken.
    Your butthole is broken.
    Your spirit's broken.

Life as you know it will never be the same. But...tomorrow's a new day. You're going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear have and you're going to run up to Walmart with the last shred of dignity you have left...and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You've earned it.
    FB_IMG_1658059996849.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate? I'm glad you asked...

12:05 pm: It's time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it's a lukewarm PBR. It's suppose to be grape flavored but it's becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything grape in their life. You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You eat a handful of chips, It's going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don't care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You're about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of impacted crap in your colon and you basically just drank the "safe for humans" version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it's time. You're wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser.

Take note...this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it's boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you...you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can't run... NEVER run! You pray to god there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3...2...1...

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary, mother of God...is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The crap/ water mixture you've just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down.

Is that blood?

False alarm.

That's just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving...when you were 5. The smell is horrid...the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your butthole to soften the blow but it's not working. The whole house just heard your liquid fart as it gurgled out of your butt.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything's a blur. You have crapped out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800's, and your butt now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it.

You're now curled up in the bathtub crying because you have to remain within arm's reach of the toilet at all times. You have the poop sweats.

You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: You're broken.
    Your butthole is broken.
    Your spirit's broken.

Life as you know it will never be the same. But...tomorrow's a new day. You're going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear have and you're going to run up to Walmart with the last shred of dignity you have left...and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You've earned it.
    View attachment 332583
    Colonoscopy?

Top Bottom