• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My FIL jumped on the leasing treadmill so he could drive a Cadillac. He bragged about how they kept asking him to turn in his lease early "because he took such good care of them". When he passed, my wife and I were trying to sort out her mom's finances and the car lease was up. My FIL didn't realize the dealer was rolling over the lease payments into the new lease. My MIL was paying for cars that were turned in two cars ago.

We finally got her back on even ground.
    My first experience was a friend back in the 80's. My friend decided to buy his after the lease ended and he was livid since he paid sales tax at the start of the lease and then again when he bought the vehicle after the lease.
    Texas SOT

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    the original Wilson cut
    1682433146131.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Never had a car payment or a new car.
    Same here.

I always figured I'd buy a new car or truck someday. Not anymore.

These days, I'm trying to figure out my last vehicle. It might be my current truck or something else. But whatever it is, it needs enough computer power to run reliably but not rely on screens that will fail for the user interface nor have the ability to phone home to the mothership.

The desirable vehicles that age have hit the bottom of their depreciation curve. By the time I can buy one, they'll probably be appreciating out of my range of affordability. :(

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Same here.

These days, I'm trying to figure out my last vehicle. It might be my current truck or something else. But whatever it is, it needs enough computer power to run reliably but not rely on screens that will fail for the user interface nor have the ability to phone home to the mothership.

The desirable vehicles that age have hit the bottom of their depreciation curve. By the time I can buy one, they'll probably be appreciating out of my range of affordability. :(
    My last truck...

Still running...

Attachments

• F 350 Front Tires 003.JPG
      F 350 Front Tires 003.JPG
      245.4 KB · Views: 74

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Same here.

I have given thought to buying a late 50's or early 60's truck that has no microchips at all in it. Parts would probably be an issue, though.

If Detroit does stop making ICE powered cars, expect the used car market to skyrocket.

I doubt I will ever buy another vehicle. Just keep what I have now running. A few repairs along the way are still a lot cheaper than a new car.

Top Bottom