• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I have no idea what the guy in the video had to say because this appeared on top of the video while it started playing.
    View attachment 424480

and I said "Hell No!" so the video stopped.

I wonder if the moderators know about this crap?
    Hadn't have heard of that. I asked the OP to move it anyway - belongs in political stuff anyway.
    Venture Surplus ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1704309281987.png

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I completely agree with not trusting mechanics. To many **** heads out there.
    Jeep had a recall on steering dampers a few years back. About half the owners on a site reported the issue below - installed backwards. But it's FCA! Dealers slow-rolled appointments so a 3-4 month wait. I ordered mine online, installed correctly in 10 minutes then had FCA reimburse me $30 for the part.

I had a family member graduate from a tech school in Houston about 20 years ago. BMW, Mercedes, etc recruited the top of the class before they graduated. Ford, Chevy and Chrysler showed up at the end to recruit the bottom of the class at cheap rates.

Attachments

• 1704310351177.png
      1704310351177.png
      390 KB · Views: 75

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had a family member graduate from a tech school in Houston about 20 years ago. BMW, Mercedes, etc recruited the top of the class before they graduated.
    A woman I dated had a daughter who was in that group. BMW went hard to recruit her. She signed a contract where she got 6 weeks (or was it months?) training at their facility, a job at a local dealer, additional training, lots of support on the job, and more. It sounded like the very best of the best of a German apprenticeship. All she had to do was stick to her contract that required her to put in 2 or 3 years at the dealership where they placed her.

If she left early, though, she'd owe them USD$60K for the training.

She was a natural gearhead (fixing up and re-selling cars as a viable business since she was 14) and could have had a great career. Unfortunately, she was also 20-ish and one of the most stunningly beautiful women you've ever seen...but with all the maturity of a 20 year old. She managed to wreck 3 brand new Mustangs while working for BMW. At some point, the VP for Service at the dealership picked her out and made her his mistress. The wife found out and raised holy hell. Soon the whole dealership knew and her working situation became intolerable. She quit about 3 months before her contract ended.

She decided to just run away from the $60K debt and tour the world as a snowboarding bum. She had plenty of guys who were happy to pay her way. I have no idea what happened to her after that.

Moral of the story? Great talent with cars doesn't necessarily translate into an ounce of common sense or business acumen or honesty or anything else.

Top Bottom