• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I shoot left handed and only own right handed rifles. Works very well actually.
    After shooting a Mosin and leaving my hand in the way of the bolt (which left a nice little scar as a reminder) I decided that I'd only shoot lefty guns. I know some manufacturers are making bolt actions where you can remove the bolt and flip it over and set it up for left handed shooting which is nice.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    After shooting a Mosin and leaving my hand in the way of the bolt (which left a nice little scar as a reminder) I decided that I'd only shoot lefty guns. I know some manufacturers are making bolt actions where you can remove the bolt and flip it over and set it up for left handed shooting which is nice.
    I'm right handed, but left eye dominant... learned in high school riflery class to shoot left handed... scores improved.
    I did the same with my Mosin... once.
    Thought to myself "well, better move your hand out of the way before you do THAT again" (kinda like Garand thumb)

I adapt- and find that once you find the right way (no pun intended), you find that some designs work even better than you thought.

I'll admit that I don't own many bolt guns, but I make it a point to adapt to standard designs... (My ARs don't even have ambi safties). When working the bolt, I swing the web of my hand out of the way. The AK platform is one works really well for me, as long as it's well balanced... right hand works safety, bolt & mag changes while held tight against my shoulder by left hand on pistol grip.

Once you get used to hot brass flying under your nose...

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    415pga0.gif

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    This is a picture of a picture from a magazine. From between San Antonio and Corpus. Only in Texas would your prom date be your pet bull.

Prom in Texas.jpg

Top Bottom