FB_IMG_1606582440226.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Hey, those ideas work. No joke, when I was 19 me and two friends went on a long road trip in my beat up old 69 C-10 pickup. On the way back, right around Mt. Vernon, the engine died and we coasted to the side of the road. Popped the hood and found the bolt for the alternator bracket had sheared off in the head. After lot's of head scratching we took my buddies leather belt and ran it through the alternator bracket and the washer bottle bracket. I then cut new holes for the buckle and latched it tight. We made it all the way back to Fort Worth, lol. I'll never forget that.:green: Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

Oops, my quote didn't take, I was referring to the rigged up contraptions a few pages back.
    The cable for the gas pedal on my manual transmission '73 Toyota Corolla went out in Carmel Valley on a Saturday afternoon. Aside from my hand tools all I had was a small tent. I ended up pulling one of the ropes off the tent. I ran it through the firewall to the throttle and used the other end to hit the gas. I did mention it was a manual trans, right? Have you ever driven in the hills with a lot of ups, downs, and curves? One hand on the wheel and one hand to shift/work the throttle.

Top Bottom