77d79014e7dff1a265e11dcc69edda01.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Sorry, angles on a vertical plane are always measured in a counter clockwise direction, from horizontal on the right, to 90 degrees straight up, and 180 degrees to the left. 270 degrees is straight down. J.......
    I'd never heard this. I'm not saying that I believe it, just saying I'd never heard it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Right size, but missing the flat head to set your beer own while you get a massage and you didn't say if her "cathouse" is on the second floor above her liquor store.

And needs to be rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You might be interested in Southwest Airlines policy. New hires orientation meetings are scheduled at a particular time. At that time the meeting room door is locked. Those that didn't make it into the meeting are told their job offer is rescinded.
    Along those lines -

At the last federal Civil Service examination conducted in Houston back in 1982, the door was locked exactly at the start time. Anyone who was late did not get to take the test. And since the Civil Service ended at the end of that year, that meant they could never be a part of the Civil Service Retirement System.

30 seconds after the door was locked, someone was knocking and told to go away. A minute later, the knocking became pounding and, I think, someone banging the heel of their shoe on the door. The door was opened and the proctor explained to them that they had lost their chance to test. There was absolute wailing/begging/pleading going on in that hall. They (It seemed to be a couple.) had driven in from El Paso. He was screaming and she was sobbing that they couldn't anticipate how much the morning rush hour traffic coming in from Katy would slow them down.

No dice. No sympathy. The testers had to threaten to get security and have them removed. We could hear the man cursing and the woman ugly-crying all the way back to the elevators.

There were maybe a dozen other people who were turned away for being late and went quietly. But that couple? I can still hear them in my head, all these years later.

Bonus hiring practice story - Back when Astroworld was operating, they hired lots of teenagers to work the summers. They had one ironclad rule. If your parents walked you into the office to apply for a job, you didn't get it. If you weren't mature enough to make your parents stay out of sight when you were applying for a job, you weren't mature enough for Astroworld to hire you.

Top Bottom