• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I know your messing around but it does open up many possibilities. The computer has to know the state the car is in, moving, not moving, brake on, brake off, throttle position, etc. And then when it starts up automatically it starts with the transmission in gear, so if any one sensor is faulty that could cause problems. Let's say just as the car is about to start the driver presses the gas pedal unintentionally, what happens? I'm just saying because I worked on cars for a long time and the fail safe things they come up with sometimes cause other problems. For example, the traction control on my Trailblazer caused me to have to call a tow truck to tow me out when I got stuck in some sand. I was starting t get out but every time the wheels would start spinning the TC would shut it down.

There really was no way for you to turn off traction control?

What year was it?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hey Charlie,

On newer vehicles.............

Ya come to a red light..........the motor cuts out!

A wonderful arrangement for HEAVY TRAFFIC in the SUMMER TIME! (if motor don't run, neither does the fool A/C)

The YUPPY SCUM that come up with these COCKAMAMIE IDEAS......should confine their SLIMY YUPPY SELVES to being under the boss' YUPPY DESK where they belong....

Should never be permitted to design VEHICLES that MEN will DRIVE!
    While I'm NO fan of the system, the A/C actually does run, more or less. If there's enough pressure to continue moving refrigerant across the evaporator the motor will stay shut down. Once there's a demand for the compressor, the motor will fire back up. If it's hot enough to not get enough pressure differential for adequate cooling, the motor won't stop running.

I know your messing around but it does open up many possibilities. The computer has to know the state the car is in, moving, not moving, brake on, brake off, throttle position, etc. And then when it starts up automatically it starts with the transmission in gear, so if any one sensor is faulty that could cause problems. Let's say just as the car is about to start the driver presses the gas pedal unintentionally, what happens? I'm just saying because I worked on cars for a long time and the fail safe things they come up with sometimes cause other problems. For example, the traction control on my Trailblazer caused me to have to call a tow truck to tow me out when I got stuck in some sand. I was starting t get out but every time the wheels would start spinning the TC would shut it down.
    It's not too complex to implement stop/start. Ignition timing and cam timing are retarded, which provides a very soft restart. It will only start if your foot is on the brake and not on the throttle. Pretty simple, pretty safe.

You do know your Trailblazer has a little button on the dash or by the shifter to turn off traction control, right?

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    While I'm NO fan of the system, the A/C actually does run, more or less. If there's enough pressure to continue moving refrigerant across the evaporator the motor will stay shut down. Once there's a demand for the compressor, the motor will fire back up. If it's hot enough to not get enough pressure differential for adequate cooling, the motor won't stop running.

It's not too complex to implement stop/start. Ignition timing and cam timing are retarded, which provides a very soft restart. It will only start if your foot is on the brake and not on the throttle. Pretty simple, pretty safe.

You do know your Trailblazer has a little button on the dash or by the shifter to turn off traction control, right?
    No it didn't have the option to turn it off, but I wish it had. About the starting when you stop at a light with your foot on the brake, the computer shuts the engine off. But sitting there at the light with your foot on the brake and the engine off, the computer has to see the state of something change so it knows to crank the engine. Most likely it sees the brake being released.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    No it didn't have the option to turn it off, but I wish it had. About the starting when you stop at a light with your foot on the brake, the computer shuts the engine off. But sitting there at the light with your foot on the brake and the engine off, the computer has to see the state of something change so it knows to crank the engine. Most likely it sees the brake being released.

I rode with a co worker in her BMW with one of those systems. IIRC all she had to do was tap the accelerator to get the engine to restart. Freaky ride - never liked the feel of the engine shutting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I rode with a co worker in her BMW with one of those systems. IIRC all she had to do was tap the accelerator to get the engine to restart. Freaky ride - never liked the feel of the engine shutting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the computer seeing the change of throttle angle would be a good way to restart.

Edit: On second thought I don't think so, I think seeing the brake release would be better, but I don't have one of those cars and don't know much about them.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    2003 and no it had no way. At the time if it had a fuse for that I could have pulled it but I didn't think of it.
    From the 2003 Trailblazer owner's manual:

1638150465581.png

1638150486286.png

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Bill,

Don't I know it!

Similar to the ten or is it 37? speed AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION in a 1/2 ton pick up!

The more "KraP" they put on it...the more it messes up!

The last (and there will NEVER be another Chevy) we owned? Even the Dealer could not figure out why it was messing up..

Step on the gas? Motor would conk out and all FOUR WHEELS would LOCK UP TIGHT!

Had to be flat bedded to the dealer to "fiddle fool" with it...

Later, Mark

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Bill,

What the dealer told us (we had an EquiBomb aka equinox)...was that:

The fool EquiBomb had 5 different computers.

The computer that ran the AB& (totally retarded)S (abs) would not "talk/interface" with the computer that ran the "traction control" and without the "correct" (double yuppy with the rubber lipper button) "input" from those two, the computer in the transmission would tell the computer in the engine to cut off....

Personally? I think the blame dealer had no clue how to fix that hunk of chevy JUNK! (ford's are just as retarded)

Did find out....that if one owned a GMC 4wd or AWD in a certain "time frame" that you either got a GOOD ONE....or one that was nothing but grief...

Later, Mark

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Hey Bill,

What the dealer told us (we had an EquiBomb aka equinox)...was that:

The fool EquiBomb had 5 different computers.

The computer that ran the AB& (totally retarded)S (abs) would not "talk/interface" with the computer that ran the "traction control" and without the "correct" (double yuppy with the rubber lipper button) "input" from those two, the computer in the transmission would tell the computer in the engine to cut off....

Personally? I think the blame dealer had no clue how to fix that hunk of chevy JUNK! (ford's are just as retarded)

Did find out....that if one owned a GMC 4wd or AWD in a certain "time frame" that you either got a GOOD ONE....or one that was nothing but grief...

Later, Mark
    Cadillacs have more computers than that.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Yeah, just like I've had people insist their iPads (prior to the 2018 Pro models) didn't have a home button.
    Lol, I'm done man, i've had the vehicle for 12 years and it doesn't have that button. You can keep thinking it does though.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom