• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wife’s car has the engine shut off. We just turn it off. Wife may not care, and sometimes I don’t notice and forget.

Also has auto braking if someone pulls out in front of you, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic warning, active cruise control that will match the speed of the vehicle in front of you, and lane assist. All of which can be turned on or off.

Not too worried about it trying to take over the world or becoming self aware. Oh, and it has a button to turn off the traction control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    1638155788846.jpeg

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Just imagine all the wear and tear on the starters and how much more complex the control systems have to be.
    My last work van would kill the engine at full stop and restart when The brake was released as I transferred to the accelerator.
    A few times in stop and go traffic my van wouldn't restart for unknown reasons. Some sensor not telling the computer I was in neutral, or brake pressed. Or steering wheel centered.

After a few minutes in the middle of traffic messing with things it would start.

What really pissed me off. I could turn off that auto stop feature, but had to do it every time I started my van. Every time.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Ok, I respect you and am aware you know a ton about cars so, where is his button?

No OOC allowed, to dang easy. :p
    I don't own the vehicle, and have only rode in a similar year/model a few times. I don't have first-hand knowledge. Some have the button in the dash, where the transfer case mode switch goes. I know some of the newer models, like the TBSS, put it on the end of the shifter. Some other models put a small button under the shifter detent release button. Manual only says 'near the shifter'. But, manual also seems to hint that not all models came equipped with traction control, but his post indicated his did.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Just imagine all the wear and tear on the starters and how much more complex the control systems have to be.
    Plus you usually have an extra battery so it doesn't potentially run down your primary. I bypassed mine since it doesn't really provide any fuel savings for me plus I removed the small secondary battery that tends to die early and also kill the primary.

Top Bottom