• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Location VFD has a monthly senior meal for $3.00 each. One would be stupid to pass it up. It includes drink, salad, corn bread & dessert. Twice they had the chili with elbow macaroni & deans in it. Walking in you picture chili by the smell, this version is a bit more soupy then what I think chili is. My wife hates that version of chili

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    1643052683774.png

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Location VFD has a monthly senior meal for $3.00 each. One would be stupid to pass it up. It includes drink, salad, corn bread & dessert. Twice they had the chili with elbow macaroni & deans in it. Walking in you picture chili by the smell, this version is a bit more soupy then what I think chili is. My wife hates that version of chili
    I used to serve it to my residents, never really thought of it as chili until now.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Seriously, half the Texans you speak to put beans in chili. The other half scream about it.

Beans are cheap. Meats expensive. Dump beans in the chili and you double the amount of prepared food at very little cost. It’s more of a class debate than a “Texan vs other” argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just another source of natural gas in Texas

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    That's not chili. More like a bastardized version of goulash.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Since my parents are from the north, I never knew that beans weren't supposed to go in Chili til about a year ago.
    My parents are from Mexico so there's always beans available for eating. I don't know what the fuss is about no beans in chili but I don't care. Sometimes I put a pile of beans on top. Sometimes I even sprinkle shredded cheese on top or diced onion.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom