TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    "People hollered systematic racism
    I don't find it to be true
    During my surgery I didn't see one black Dr.
    I had 3 white Dr one Indian. If they were racist they kept it to themselves and upheld the oath for that I'm truly grateful.
    But a better question is do you think for one minute I went in there espousing black lives matter bwhaaaaaaaaaa hell naw.
    I just wanted to have a wake up. And go home.
    So another point for not seeing the racism every on is talking about. Truth be told I'd fight and die for those boys. Just like most here but y'all knew that"

I've read and re-read and can't find the joke. Doesn't strike me as funny... Or, more importantly, relevant to my post. That's the main thing. I'm trying to figure out what the link between what I thought was a pretty cool story and a post about systemic racism. On it's own, standing alone, I wouldn't find it humorous or insightful, but no problem. It was posted in reply to my post. Where's the connection?
    My bad won't happen again

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Your good @kyletxria1911a1 ... everyone here that understands who you are and the way you view the world knew what you meant. Stay strong brother and get well soon!
    I know my world view is a tad skewed bwhaaaaaaaaaa but like a lot of older people have lived through this shit show before.
    I'm to old to hurt and to tired to have this kind of smoke blowing up my ass.
    Especially when 99pct ain't true

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …I've read and re-read and can't find the joke.

The punch line of the joke you posted, much like the rabbit/duck comic earlier up thread, is much like the anecdotes a really good pastor I know would lead off a sermon with. He’d probably title it Childish Innocence and be a nice little moral to the story sermon.

Sterling just happened to offer his personal, recent observations that were tangential to the obvious punch line as commentary. Giving body to the preacher’s sermon if you will.

…Where's the connection?

Seeing as how most of us have known each other face to face for years, you probably won’t get the connection, but that’s besides the point.

@benenglish says it better than me, but not everybody finds everything funny.

Top Bottom