• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've seen this scenario play out in front of my eyes.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me I'm legally wrong but I think any tow truck driver who attempts to move an occupied vehicle is a dumbass.

Nah, hooking up to an occupied vehicle without consent is just asking for this to happen. Takes a real idiot to try to repo a vehicle with the owner inside it.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I've seen this scenario play out in front of my eyes.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me I'm legally wrong but I think any tow truck driver who attempts to move an occupied vehicle is a dumbass.
    Agree completely, however do you suppose the driver of the pickup is a highly intelligent individual and did no harm to the vehicle that they obviously couldn't pay for? No offense Ben but I think that video shows a pair of dumbass'es

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No offense Ben but I think that video shows a pair of dumbass'es
    No offense taken. I agree with you completely. The same mutual stupidity was what I witnessed.

In the aftermath, though, I gave it a lot of thought. The person in the pickup is damaging their own property. That's stupid.

But a tow driver who takes an occupied vehicle out on the road? He's risking injury, a kidnapping charge, and probably losing whatever licenses are required by local government to operate.

There's a pretty big difference between a hothead who trashes their own vehicle and a hothead who risks his career and maybe his freedom over one pickup.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    1680021765940.png

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    No offense taken. I agree with you completely. The same mutual stupidity was what I witnessed.

In the aftermath, though, I gave it a lot of thought. The person in the pickup is damaging their own property. That's stupid.

But a tow driver who takes an occupied vehicle out on the road? He's risking injury, a kidnapping charge, and probably losing whatever licenses are required by local government to operate.

There's a pretty big difference between a hothead who trashes their own vehicle and a hothead who risks his career and maybe his freedom over one pickup.
    I must agree with my wife...probably the vehicle was in the midst of repossession and the driver ran out and climbed into the pickup and was being towed away and decided to drive the truck away! That's her story and she's stickin to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I must agree with my wife...probably the vehicle was in the midst of repossession and the driver ran out and climbed into the pickup and was being towed away and decided to drive the truck away!
    OK. Reasonable.

So if the tow driver keeps his head, he'll just put it down and drive away. He lost one. It happens.

But getting into this kind of a vehicular slap fight? Both are stupid but the tow driver still had a lot more to lose in this situation.

We have at least one active member who was a tow truck driver. If he'd be willing to start a separate thread on this, I'd be very appreciative. We've polluted this picture/video thread enough, already.

Top Bottom