• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos/Lake Dallas, Tx
    During my trip to Walmart tonight I decided to stroll by the ammo counter to see if they had anything available. As I walk up I notice some paper taped on the ammo case. I will try to go back tomorrow and get a picture of it but it was just funny seeing it. It basically said:

"We are out of all handgun ammo" and on another sheet of paper it said "We have no idea when there will be any in a shipment".

I kinda laughed as I just turned around and left. Has anyone else seen any places doing this because they are tired of answering customer's questions?
    Military Camp

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I got the idea to go to Joes Sports this afternoon in Meridian Idaho, thinking ok, they're going out of business so maybe the prices will be knocked down. Hell no they weren't, they were higher than the prices at Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse by at least $1-2 per box. No wonder Joes Sports is going out of business they're prices are enough to drive people away. Not to mention it seemed like the sales staff didn't care whether you were in the store or not, and this wasn't the only time I've been to the store, I've been in there 2 other times and they treated customers the same way the other times I was in there.

As far as signs like you mentioned I haven't seen any, however I've heard the same verbal comments several times at Cabelas.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    at the walmart I bought 2 boxes of 9mm(100 per box/$19) and 2 boxes of 45 acp (50 per box/$15). Guy said the same thing...that i was limited to only 2 boxes per a caliber. I asked him that if i were to walk out to the car and put my purchase away and come right back in the store if I could buy some more...he said yes. So i did. I picked up the last box of 9mm it was another 100box and it was REm JHP.

not bad if i may say so myself. 300rds of 9mm for $60 and another $60 for 200 rds of Blazer 45 acp.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    GI-John, which WalMart were you at?
    my WalMart told me 2 boxes per day, period.
    the only way to get around it is to come back when a different person is at the
    counter

bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos/Lake Dallas, Tx
    Well, I went back to take a picture of the sign and it was gone! I looked all over but could not find it. Of course they still did not have any handgun ammo but I just wanted a picture of the funny sign. Oh well.

P.S. - That kinda stinks that they are limiting the number of boxes you can purchase. Not sure if they are at mine but I would bet they are.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    GI-John, which WalMart were you at?
    my WalMart told me 2 boxes per day, period.
    the only way to get around it is to come back when a different person is at the
    counter

sorry it took so long for me to reply. Im not getting respnse notices in my email like i signed for..oh well. I live in Both San Antonio and Houston. The Walmart that I went to was a walmart supercenter 8030 Bandera rd. San antonio tx--- phone# (210)- 520-6517

This is my little safe haven ammo storage cause as long as you show up at 7am they have at least 2-4 boxes of each caliber cause they dont shelf stock all that they have at once. The only problem is that they INTENTIONALLY mislead you when you call and ask sometimes. This has happened time and again. I suspect there is some clerk hoarding goin on sometimes. I have caught them in lies. When i say caught I mean Caught red handed in the act. yup. That was really frustrating. But for some reason this place has had at least 4 boxes of 9mm every morinig for the past 6 visits that ive gone. they had .40s&w, 45 acp Blazer. 9mm REM JHP, and boxes of 223 REM as well it was as if Obama never was elected

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    No Signs but a funny...

Walked into Academy in Pearland the other day.
    Guy behind the counter looked at me and said

"No we don't have any 30 carbine, you can only have 1 box 380 and I will let you have 4 boxes of 9mm and 2 boxes of 45acp"

The cop behind me almost wet himself he was laughing so hard.

Top Bottom