• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    I'm a member. The range is still in the early stages of development, so you must still get an appointment to train there. In the past, it was weekends only, now I'm having more success getting range time during the week. In addition to the training schedule at the range, the facility is adjacent to Cousin's Paintball, so events at the Cousin's facility (especially marathons) can cause the range to be closed.

It's kind of a minimalist setup with everything flexible so that you can adjust a training session to your requirements, whether it be pistol, rifle, 3-gun, shooting around barriers, blah, blah. RSO's are very friendly and it's pretty much wide open (50 BMG is cool) in terms of equipment, ammo, and training as long as no tracer rounds and everyone focuses strictly on safety (strict 180-degree rule is in effect).

Right now, pistol and rifle are in the same area, so if you're with a group of people shooting rifle and you want to shoot pistol, it's either wait or shoot from a long distance. The areas should be separated in the future.

They just added a mobile classroom and hold some pretty cool events for members. I've done some outdoor target evaluations that I could not perform at other places such as Pro Active. Very wide open, but very much in an early stage of development.

Here are a few links that will give you an 'inside view.'

- Fusion Gun Range Part I
    - Product Review: Smoke ?Em Targets Part I
    - Product Review: Single-Use Bleeding Zombie Target
    - Madison Rising at Fusion Tactical Range

hope that helps you make up your mind.

regards,

- jim

Last edited:

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I saw this place when I did a 5k over at the paintball place. It seemed like it would be a good place if you were allowed to do what you wanted. It is not too far away from the metro.

Top Bottom