• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Just thought I’d share my experience of the Fort Worth gun show this weekend as I hadn’t been to one in about a year and a half.

The Bad -More ammo than I’ve even seen at a gun show and it was ALL price gouged. Shameful stuff.

The Good - Firearm selection was good, with fair prices across the board. Mostly modern offerings at fair prices. Not many of the tables with 10 old guns at exorbitant prices. Good surplus parts selections. No beanie baby or candle setups. The best thing was the isles were about 50% wider than normal so you weren’t bumping into people all the time.

I didn’t buy anything, but did enjoy myself quite a bit and helped a friend that is looking for a new house gun at least get a chance to handle several candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I went to the Canton trade days and there were still guys trying to sell the horrors of ammo shortage, and selling there 9mm (from Academy) for $50-60.00 a box.
    That's less than Crappier Than Dirt, but about the same price as grabagun.
    Interesting. Thanks !

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    By price gouging, how bad was it? I use 9mm range ammo as the indicator or the level.

9mm S&B 115 grain (my preference) is normally $11.99 a box of 50 was going for $50 as an example. The “best” deal I saw on 5.56mm was a 300 round pack of Winchester white box M193 for $200. The shocking thing was the amount of small tables of ammo like I’ve never seen before with ammo at these prices. Obviously people buying ammo when Academy opens up every morning and then trying to take advantage.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Thanks for the report.... I considered making the drive over there, but I got sidetracked with chores at the house. A couple of guys at work and I are in the early stages of planning a sleepover trip to Tulsa for the big show there. I've never been to it, and it's sort of a bucket list kind of thing.

Reactions: TBM

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Does Austin have any good gun shows?

They definite used to - haven’t been to one in 15 years though.

I really think the best Texas gun show is probably the Premier FW gun show. Dallas used to have excellent ones with cool stuff like machine guns for sale, but haven’t been to one there in years either.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I was going to do a table but my old dog had to be cared for so subbed it out.
    The fellow said the show sucked from a vendor's perspective.

IMO prices go up quickly but take a lot of time to settle back down as real money in invested in inventory.

I attend shows as a customer more often just to see whats what.
    Almost never buy anything except the NEED odds and ends to complete projects and the occasional good deal walking down the aisle.

Almost all my firearms are bought on Gunbroker.
    I kind of feel sorry for the vendors trying to compete these days.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom