• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    FYI…

A Texas LTC or one that Texas will recognize, will still be required to obtain a US Army Corp Of engineers (USACE) permission letter for those recreational properties in the state of Texas.

Even though in the next 12 months, the USACE will be changing their rules to allow one to conceal carry on their recreation properties without obtaining the letter first. It will still be required to have a LTC on USACE recreational properties.

Some of those properties, include ALL of the parks at lake lewisville, and lake lewisville itself, as well as 24 other lakes in the state of Texas.

It is illegal to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun on these Texas properties without a LTC/CHL and a permission letter. You won’t be able to get a permission letter without a LTC/CHL either.
    ARJ Defense ad

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Even though in the next 12 months, the USACE will be changing their rules to allow one to conceal carry on their recreation properties without obtaining the letter first. It will still be required to have a LTC on USACE recreational properties.
    You really think this will happen? It's only been talked about with no action for years.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    You really think this will happen? It's only been talked about with no action for years.

If you know how government operates. They operate slowly. They only finished the public review last summer. Its a very slow process. It will happen. When exactly is hard to say.

I do know this… that if you have your LTC/CHL for the area that you want to carry. They are now required to issue you the letter. I have received a letter from every district that has a recreational property.
    Except for those in the 8 states that don’t allow hardly anyone to carry anywhere. (California, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Oregon)

dstone20

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2018
    Georgetown
    @Texasgrillchef Would you mind sharing how one goes about requesting permission/letter from USACE? Or PM me if you don't want to publish publicly. I understand that permission is granted by each district commander for their respective district, but I cannot find any information published that describes the process on how to request it.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Its a simple multiple email process. I have a letter for every district yhat has recreational areas. (26)

Tell me which district and i will give you the proper contact info for the district.

Its just a simple email. Tell them you want a permission letter to carry a concealed weapon on the districts recreational areas. They will email back and request you send them a copy of your DL and LTC that covers the states for where the recreational properties are located. Along with your physical address and phone number.

Once submitted it can take anywhere from a few days to 90 days to get the letter.

Some districts email the letter in pdf format, others only snail mail them. While a few districts do both.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    You dont have to carry the physical letter. If you have them in PDF format on your phone for quick easy viewing. Then that is perfectly allowed and legal. As like i said, some districts only issue the letter to you via email in PDF format.

So yes i have a folder (collection) in iBooks on my iPhone that holds and has all 26 of my USACE permission letters.

I have had a Texas Park Ranger stop me and ask to see my letter at Lake Ray Roberts State Park. He was amazed that i had permission letters from all 26 districts!

Keep in mind that due to a Federal Court case of Nesbitt v USACE 2018, that the USACE lost and the federal court found current regulations unconstitutional, The USACE districts are REQUIRED to issue permission letters providing you have a LTC/CHL for the state their recreational properties are located, or a Reciprocity with that state.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    You dont have to carry the physical letter. If you have them in PDF format on your phone for quick easy viewing. Then that is perfectly allowed and legal. As like i said, some districts only issue the letter to you via email in PDF format.

So yes i have a folder (collection) in iBooks on my iPhone that holds and has all 26 of my USACE permission letters.

I have had a Texas Park Ranger stop me and ask to see my letter at Lake Ray Roberts State Park. He was amazed that i had permission letters from all 26 districts!
    How about I just take my Pocket Constitution? It has a page that says "shall not be infringed"...no particular lake is mentioned.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX

Keep in mind that due to a Federal Court case of Nesbitt v USACE 2018, that the USACE lost and the federal court found current regulations unconstitutional, The USACE districts are REQUIRED to issue permission letters providing you have a LTC/CHL for the state their recreational properties are located, or a Reciprocity with that state.
    I am also amazed

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    How about I just take my Pocket Constitution? It has a page that says "shall not be infringed"...no particular lake is mentioned.

Good luck with that! Missouri is a constitutional carry state. When i went to a USACE recreational property there, the Park Ranger still asked to see my LTC and my Permission letter. As well as they wont issue you a permission letter without a LTC/CHL either.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    For me just Texas will do for now. Is there an expiration or renewal or is it good for life?

ETA: Thanks for all the great info!

dstone20

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2018
    Georgetown
    Thanks @Texasgrillchef for all the info. If you don't mind sharing the contact info for the Fort Worth District I would appreciate it. I did a search online and found some phone numbers and email addresses, but not certain on which is the proper contact.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A thought, a memory: After escaping an attack by a violent recent parolee in Houston in 1980, I decided to carry concealed EVERYWHERE I could. There was NEVER any problem. That was way before any "C C Law". I dress well, avoid dangers whenever possible, and am very, very polite to everyone. The experience taught me the serious meaning of "I'd rather see the Judge than the Undertaker" !
    leVieux

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Wait so if I go hiking at Cooper Lake I need to have a letter to conceal carry even though I have an LTC?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom