Gun Zone Deals

FYI: TSRA Legislative Director answers a few questions about TX Permitless Carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Texas State Rifle Association provided this attachment awhile back for those with a few common questions about the new law on permitless carry. And here is further explanation on subject from DPS including safe gun handling video.

If you are new gun owner be safe pilgrim.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Andis-Answers-Permitless-Carry.pdf
      235.2 KB · Views: 235

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Is this the same TSRA with the legislative director that assured me that there was no support for constitutional carry?
    If you'll excuse the cliche, there's a new Sheriff in town and I fought like a dog to get Permitless Carry through! I was hired November 2020 and didn't just walk the walk but I used our PAC money (which is why we have it) to do a digital ad buy to get the word out last session about passing Permitless Carry. And gee, no blood in the streets as I was told by some there would be!! Imagine that!

Hi! I'm the TSRA Legislative Director! Nice to meet you!

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    Texas State Rifle Association provided this attachment awhile back for those with a few common questions about the new law on permitless carry. And here is further explanation on subject from DPS including safe gun handling video.

If you are new gun owner be safe pilgrim.
    Doug you totally ROCK! Thank you so much for putting this out there! We also had an entire 2A Ricochet show on Permitless Carry that y'all can find on our TSRAPAC.com page--just click on "2A Ricochet " and scroll down to Episode 1 for that discussion!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If you'll excuse the cliche, there's a new Sheriff in town and I fought like a dog to get Permitless Carry through! I was hired November 2020 and didn't just walk the walk but I used our PAC money (which is why we have it) to do a digital ad buy to get the word out last session about passing Permitless Carry. And gee, no blood in the streets as I was told by some there would be!! Imagine that!

Well it wasn't you who told me that, and it was well before 2020. I might have to revisit my policy against membership.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Well it wasn't you who told me that, and it was well before 2020. I might have to revisit my policy against membership.
    That may have been back during Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen who was confronted at his home in Apr 2019 by Texas Gun Rights members. Not a good idea to get legislation passed to confront the people:banghead: who make the laws at their home. As it turned out Speaker Bonnen made sure the bill to allow constitutional carry never went anywhere during that session. Use honey not vinegar.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    That may have been back during Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen who was confronted at his home in Apr 2019 by Texas Gun Rights members. Not a good idea to get legislation passed to confront the people:banghead: who make the laws at their home. As it turned out Speaker Bonnen made sure the bill to allow constitutional carry never went anywhere during that session. Use honey not vinegar.
    I've heard the stories, yes. And I completely agree...HONEY never vinegar. I understand the reasoning behind the previous LD's decision not to support (and there are several) I just don't agree. Fortunately, our Association agreed and look us now!

All of that said, I still like my LTC for the legal benefits. But I will fight to my death for any bill that gets the Government out of the business of giving law abiding citizens permission to exercise their RTKBA!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If any of you ever get the chance to meet Andi, you should - this girl absolutely supports the 2nd A! Yes - that was once the position of the LD (and, I'm sorry to say, several board members) - but those days are behind us. Those of you who have been around a while will remember that was the main reason I initially got involved with the TSRA - pushing for more gun rights in this state, even those I might not personally care about....it's about the RIGHTS of all legal gun owners.
    It took a while, which I knew it would, but TSRA is definitely steering a new course, and it's obvious from the top down.

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    If any of you ever get the chance to meet Andi, you should - this girl absolutely supports the 2nd A! Yes - that was once the position of the LD (and, I'm sorry to say, several board members) - but those days are behind us. Those of you who have been around a while will remember that was the main reason I initially got involved with the TSRA - pushing for more gun rights in this state, even those I might not personally care about....it's about the RIGHTS of all legal gun owners.
    It took a while, which I knew it would, but TSRA is definitely steering a new course, and it's obvious from the top down.
    You are very kind and thank you for that!
    It's in my blood...TexasRedNeck, and any of our members who read my first column---you know Daddy wouldn't have had it any other way, lol!

And yeah, I may not have been born Texan but I learned to fight like a dog in a cobalt blue state who thinks guns jump off tables and shoot themselves (hello, Alec Baldwin!)--so I'm rarin' to go!

JamesH

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2021
    California
    I've been meaning to ask about what Texas 2A organizations I should join. Looks like TSRA is one of them.

I have watched California gun rights get trampled on for over 30 years. They chipped away at the edges because hunters had no interest in "assault weapons" and concealed carriers didn't approve of open carry. Sport shooters and hobbyists had no interest in those who owned firearms for self defense and collectors didn't care about anything that wasn't an antique or a Python.

Heck, when we finally figured out how to legally aquire stripped AR lowers, most FFLs wouldn't do the Form 4473.

Many bullet buttoned AR and AK owners couldn't wait to register their rifles as "assault weapons" so they could keep their preban rifles as they were.

California gun owners and legislators compromised our way into a handgun and rifle registration scheme, a roster of "safe" handguns for legal sale, 10 round magazine limits, ammunition background checks, a 10 day "cooling off" period before taking possession of a purchased firearm. A 1 in 30 rule for most firearm categories, a limit on how many PPT transactions in a year and many many more.

Many of you folks may believe that Texas is different and it won't happen in Texas. You may be right (and I hope you're right) but it absolutely will not deter the "we support the 2nd amendment, but..." crowd.

Never let your guard down.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

Glad you are on it! We needed the change. You friends with Rachel Malone yet?

AndiTurner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2021
    Bastrop County
    I've been meaning to ask about what Texas 2A organizations I should join. Looks like TSRA is one of them.

I have watched California gun rights get trampled on for over 30 years. They chipped away at the edges because hunters had no interest in "assault weapons" and concealed carriers didn't approve of open carry. Sport shooters and hobbyists had no interest in those who owned firearms for self defense and collectors didn't care about anything that wasn't an antique or a Python.

Heck, when we finally figured out how to legally aquire stripped AR lowers, most FFLs wouldn't do the Form 4473.

Many bullet buttoned AR and AK owners couldn't wait to register their rifles as "assault weapons" so they could keep their preban rifles as they were.

California gun owners and legislators compromised our way into a handgun and rifle registration scheme, a roster of "safe" handguns for legal sale, 10 round magazine limits, ammunition background checks, a 10 day "cooling off" period before taking possession of a purchased firearm. A 1 in 30 rule for most firearm categories, a limit on how many PPT transactions in a year and many many more.

Many of you folks may believe that Texas is different and it won't happen in Texas. You may be right (and I hope you're right) but it absolutely will not deter the "we support the 2nd amendment, but..." crowd.

James, I am originally from Maryland. You know...California East? My guard is NEVER down! It couldn't be! But at the end of the day, I saw the writing on the wall and we got out of there as fast as we could for Texas! I am beyond thrilled to be TSRA's Legislative Director and wow, what fun it is compared to when I was Chairman and LD for the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association. (Our sister organization).

What you should know about TSRA is that we are the largest state 2A organization in Texas. Any and all money given to either the Association or the TSRA-PAC (set up for my work) stays inside Texas. While I may send out an email about something going on federally that you all should know about, I concentrate 95% of my work on what's happening in Austin and that includes elections.

Go check out TSRAPAC.com (and sign up for my free emails) and TSRA.com to see first hand what we do. The Association has a Director for just about any discipline you could want and I'm really proud of the work those Directors do!

If you ever want to pick my brain or have ideas or questions, ping me here or email me (address below) and I'll send you my phone number. Honestly, I pay more attention to my TSRA email than I do my personal account! lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

^^^^This^^^^

Some excellent points made here. I fully agree, even Texas could go liberal and blue if we don't remain vigilant. I do remember from many years ago, when California was a very conservative state and very much gun friendly.

So when people think it can't, or won't happen here in Texas, they are simply being naive and delusional in their misguided thinking. It can happen here.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    He wasn't confronted at his home. They talked to the State Troopers at his home and asked if they would convey information to him. He lied about what happened because he never had any intention of supporting it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom