• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Fight-or-flight can turn a lot of folks into basket cases.
    I have never once got buck fever. Only time I seen it was in Africa when my buddy was blooding his first double rifle. We were in a crappy built blind that was neither good for sitting or standing. I think his deal was being in a crouching position with a .500 NE. The recoil pretty much opened a front door to the blind.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have never once got buck fever. Only time I seen it was in Africa when my buddy was blooding his first double rifle. We were in a crappy built blind that was neither good for sitting or standing. I think his deal was being in a crouching position with a .500 NE. The recoil pretty much opened a front door to the blind.

I came close once, when I had to destroy a couple of large stray dogs that were stalking my dad when he was home alone. I set the picked-over Thanksgiving turkey carcass out as bait around the time we always caught them on the trail cams. Seeing them come out of the trees on the hunt was frankly rather frightening and my hands did shake for a moment, then the need to not have my elderly disabled father mauled by dogs took over.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have been might close in Africa with Cape buffalo & a couple rhino's. On was a mother with a calf that charged. They of no I had to shoot to save my life discounts in any thing, especially big 5.

Top Bottom