• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I heard about it this morning on the radio. They said all the employees gathered in the parking lot and sang, God bless America as the firefighters put out the blaze.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Keep on Sellin' Mack!

I can personally attest that there was no insurance scam involved here. I know Mack and worked for Mack for a few years, and I can assure you that as inviting as "dumping some old inventory" would be, he would much rather see his 350+ employees working. You may think the "character", the $$$maker, is capable of fraud, but I can attest the "man behind the mattress" would not be able to see his employees out of work. Mack has some of the strongest moral values of anyone I know. When it comes down to it, he is one of the most honest and transparent men I have had the pleasure of working for. As far as the new store, that location still used the North Freeway as a warehouse hub. So that one is relying on merchandise from the trucks that did not get unloaded into the warehouse last night. Mack has supported the city of Houston more than anybody I can think of, so I'm supporting him. I'm on my way to go pick up a new mattress tonight. I don't have a pressing urge for a guest room mattress, but I do have a pressing urge to support Mattress Mack! He's a warrior and he'll be back bigger and better than ever...

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    He doesn't look like a quiter.

Oh yea, he'll be back. I personally admire his work ethic. I remember watching him on the Municipal Channel back in 90 or 91-ish, when he was talking about small business. Of all the people that spoke, he was the most interesting and hardest working by far.

So does this mean we can't joke around about fire and insurance???

Top Bottom