• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    So 2nd day of dove hunting, I have 8 in da bag, enters GW... He goes there's one, I pull up shoot, dove drops, we walk out into the field and he finds it.. He jokes, whens the last time a GW helped ya locate a bird? I say, never lol.. Show him my lic, he reminds me to sign it and back to his truck he goes.. Bout 30 sec later he walks back over... Let me see that lic again... You sir don't have the endorsement for migratory birds, ie dove... Me, :ohnoes: wuuuut? Damn you academy sports!! Of course it was my fault for not checking... He said, well, I didn't catch it the first time, so I'm not gonna write ya a citation, but your done for today... Me... Thank you sir, I'm real sorry sir, I'm outta there!! Donated the 8 birds to the folks next to me and hit the road.. I think I'll go play the lottery!
    Gun Zone Deals

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    lucky...... i wonder whats the fine? I had a similiar situation two years ago ... a GW walked on the ranch as a deer was being field cleaned and quarterd..... asked for my license and tells me i did not tag the deer properly..... let me go with a warning.....yes, sir... thank you sir.....

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I'm not even gonna wonder what t he fine would be! Bottom line is that mistake won't happen again... No, didn't mention a word about yesterday..lol..no reason to poke the

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    I have a friend and her dad is a game warden... First time i met him I was picking up his daughter to go dancing (as friends otherwise he would have shot me there)... I didn't know what he did really... He walks through the living room, night vision gear in one hand and an Ar 15 in the other, fully loaded duty belt and dark uniform... Tells me in the dryest sense of humor of any man on the planet "dont move till I get back" I have never sat so still in my entire life... I was 18 and scared shitless... But he is an awesome guy... Dry sense of humor and doesn't talk much but a great game.warden and better yet a great father...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    So 2nd day of dove hunting, I have 8 in da bag, enters GW... He goes there's one, I pull up shoot, dove drops, we walk out into the field and he finds it.. He jokes, whens the last time a GW helped ya locate a bird? I say, never lol.. Show him my lic, he reminds me to sign it and back to his truck he goes.. Bout 30 sec later he walks back over... Let me see that lic again... You sir don't have the endorsement for migratory birds, ie dove... Me, :ohnoes: wuuuut? Damn you academy sports!! Of course it was my fault for not checking... He said, well, I didn't catch it the first time, so I'm not gonna write ya a citation, but your done for today... Me... Thank you sir, I'm real sorry sir, I'm outta there!! Donated the 8 birds to the folks next to me and hit the road.. I think I'll go play the lottery!

I remembered this thread when I went to Academy to buy my hunting license Wednesday evening....
    After paying for the license and walking to the "license desk", I ask the clerk " does that include bird?... He said "NO"...wtf? I asked for the stamps at the checkout..... but I guess they dont listen carefully......

So... dont be so hard on yourself.... blame freaking Academy.... those kids dont listen very well.....

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I remember from my hunting days that quail and similar field birds don't require the Federal stamp. Ducks, Geese and Dove are all migratory and require the Federal stamp. The GW could have confiscated your gun and if you were in the car, your vehicle, too. That was a major stroke of luck for you!

Flash

Top Bottom