Target Sports

Gander Mountain....Let the games begin...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Gander Mountain moved into our market after the Sportsman's Warehouse folded in Texas some ten years ago.

How did they think they could compete with Academy, Bass Pro, and Cabela's?

Looks like Bass Pro made a successful run after Cabela's.

I figure the last man standing in Texas will be Academy Sports.

Be well.
    Military Camp

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I would periodically stop in the one in Sugar Land. If there was more than 5 customers in the whole store, it was a busy day. I never minded them. Their gun department was fairly well stocked, especially when compared to Academy in Rosenberg. They never carried any fly fishing gear, which is my other pastime, so it was more convenient to go to BPS in Pearland or Katy and make it a one stop.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The one on 290 in Houston had an excellent firearms and related inventory for years, but they were significantly overpriced. Their other stuff appeared not cheap either. In the age of the internet and having an Academy literally across the street, well that dog don't hunt.

Wombat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Lubbock
    According to the article KCBD posted the other day, Lubbock is one of those on the block. No great loss, honestly, though I've gotten a few things there. No firearms, though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Most times I go to sporting good stores I just kind of window shop and if I find something I like, I look on the internet to find the best prices.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It'll be like a sale at Cabelas. Really good sale will get the price down to normal retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I was thinking the same thing about in store as well.

Ain't this a kick in the head...fine print states the coupon code can't be used with any 'sale' or combined with any other offer. Not only that, it shows the expiration date as 3/11 !!!!! Dang

$20 Off Your Purchase Of $50 Or More: Enter or verify that the code GETLUCKY is in your cart at checkout, and $20 will be deducted from your order of $50 or more. Your savings will be based on the merchandise total only, excluding firearms, clearance, ammo, sales, shipping, handling, additional freight, and taxes. This offer can not be combined with any other offer. Offer can not be used on gift cards. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Offer expires at 11:59pm ET on 3/11/17.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I would periodically stop in the one in Sugar Land. If there was more than 5 customers in the whole store, it was a busy day. I never minded them. Their gun department was fairly well stocked, especially when compared to Academy in Rosenberg. They never carried any fly fishing gear, which is my other pastime, so it was more convenient to go to BPS in Pearland or Katy and make it a one stop.

Worked at that location. Some days it would be busier than just 5 people, and was often understaffed, but it was still a shit store. We did carry flies, and some rods and reels, but had a very diminutive selection.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Word on the street is that they won't be marking down any guns at Sugar Land, rather they'll be transferring their inventory to the spring store. I doubt that it's true though, there's too much overpriced shit from the other 3 stores to move all of it to one, unless they consolidate it to stores that remain open across the US.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Ain't this a kick in the head...fine print states the coupon code can't be used with any 'sale' or combined with any other offer. Not only that, it shows the expiration date as 3/11 !!!!! Dang

$20 Off Your Purchase Of $50 Or More: Enter or verify that the code GETLUCKY is in your cart at checkout, and $20 will be deducted from your order of $50 or more. Your savings will be based on the merchandise total only, excluding firearms, clearance, ammo, sales, shipping, handling, additional freight, and taxes. This offer can not be combined with any other offer. Offer can not be used on gift cards. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Offer expires at 11:59pm ET on 3/11/17.

Thanks for for saving me the trip.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    There was one in Corsicana, south of Dallas about an hour on I-45, that I went into once back in 2014. I went by it last week. It was closed. Don't know when it happened nor do I care.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thanks for for saving me the trip.

Upon further review, my experience at the Round Rock store was a bit more fruitful than I first assumed it would be. The young lady at the register read my coupon that only mentions firearms and ammo as excluded(actually read the coupon as though she was seeing it for the first time). She made no mention of "Additional restrictions" and told me anything other than firearms and ammo would be fair game. I got some marked down splatter targets , some Insoles and an Under Armour shirt for $34 vs about $65 retail. Could have done better sticking with the clearance apparel; but I don't have any room in the closet as it is!

Their Energizer rechargeable batteries were marked down in some AA and AAA packs...might have been a good filler to reach $50 or just a good savings overall...not spectacular; but not bad. Someone finding clearance shoes or apparel could do pretty well relative to retail(North Face stuff, not to mention UnderArmour and 5.11 are seriously stupid prices at retail).

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    LOL, damn, Gander Mountain...

Walther PPQ M2 in .40, plus tax plus $25 shipping: $699.99 at GM for a used one, or
    $649.99 for a new one.
    Or $564.34 brand new, same gun, plus tax at the LGS.

Top Bottom